When will be ever bark??

Ok, to date Ive heard him bark 1x....and that was at the vets....waiting our turn and another dog was ignoring him so he whined and carried on until finally this funny little bark came out. He looked shocked that the noise came from him!
That was over a week ago, and I have yet to hear him bark again.
Even in his crate which he still kicks up a fuss about, he still just cries...no barking.
All dogs *do* bark, right? He's 11 weeks now.(mini daschund) Hey....Im not complaining if I dont have a barker, but he's not saving it all up for once is he?:p

Elysium

julieandchili said:
Ok, to date Ive heard him bark 1x....and that was at the vets....waiting our turn and another dog was ignoring him so he whined and carried on until finally this funny little bark came out. He looked shocked that the noise came from him!
That was over a week ago, and I have yet to hear him bark again.
Even in his crate which he still kicks up a fuss about, he still just cries...no barking.
All dogs *do* bark, right? He's 11 weeks now.(mini daschund) Hey....Im not complaining if I dont have a barker, but he's not saving it all up for once is he?:p

HAHA! Don't wish for him to bark! I would willingly trade my high pitched barking 20 week old for yours right now!

zoe08

I think it takes them a little bit to learn to bark...but trust me, don't wish it too early....

Zoe didnt bark for a while...the first time she barked, she scared herself, it was soo cute....and the barking was cute for a little while, til know when she decides to bark at everything, and now I will be sitting here and she goes barking at the door cuz someone walks by with a dog and it scares me!

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
My puppy didn't make a sound until he had been here for a few weeks. Now I can't get him to hush! Enjoy the silence while you have it...it probably won't last long :p

bubbatd

I always loved to watch a litter when they found their 1st bark !! They always acted " where did that come from? " Luckily Goldens aren't know for barking until mature and warning.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
My Hannah NEVER barked as a puppy. She didn't start barking until she was about a year old. Hannah in an obsessive barker either she only barks when someone is at the door or something bothers her. We have come to take her VERY seriously when she does bark though because it's not a normal occurance for her and she means business when she barks.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Riot was never a "barker" as a puppy and still isn't. The only time he barks is one warning bark if someone is at the door, or if our neighbours are being loud and hes in the backyard lol

Trust me.. enjoy it.

We also have two Shelties that NEVER shut up.. I think they bark because they KNOW they can.. our female has the highest pitched bark and it kills your ears when she does it lol

Noxmorexlies

Official Animal Lover
I only heard a bark out chi once and it was sort of a half bark. She heard a dog bark and sort of did a half bark as if questioning herself why did I do that? What did I just do? Was that me..? It was the cutest little noise.

Melissa_W

SummerRiot said:
Riot was never a "barker" as a puppy and still isn't. The only time he barks is one warning bark if someone is at the door, or if our neighbours are being loud and hes in the backyard lol

Trust me.. enjoy it.

We also have two Shelties that NEVER shut up.. I think they bark because they KNOW they can.. our female has the highest pitched bark and it kills your ears when she does it lol
Yep, a Sheltie will bark when the wind blows... or when it doesn't blow. It doesn't really matter, they don't need a reason. :rolleyes: Little loud mouths. :D

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
hehe, tell me about it. My two feed off each other...if one starts yapping then the other one has to be louder. I think half the time it turns into a competition :rolleyes: i love my shelties but they are loud...

Members online

No members online now.