Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I truly hope they find her too. No promises have been made.. but my uncle/aunt have both told them that if she is found, we will go through hell and high water to adopt her.

I just hope they find her and all the kids like her.

I just keep thinking how different/the same they must be.
Talk about twins raised in different worlds.
One goes to private school and does gymnastics and likes fruit loops. The other sold into.. I don't even want to think about it.

I wonder if her parents are even going to tell her. I mean, don't twins have a special bond? You think in some way she would even..remember? I don't know.

Paige

Let it be
I mean both interaction with pets and care of them. Do you have any special cleaning routines with pet stuff since the baby was born? How do the pets interact with the kids? How did you make sure you still had time for the pets? Did you do anything special to prepare the pets?
No to all of the above. Pets are still allowed right under the covers and I did nothing to prepare Bandit for Briggs except take him to the park and sit near newborns/toddlers/kids. Newborns usually arent the issue. Its toddlers that tend to set animals on edge from what I've seen as they get mobile and annoying.

With Blake I did nothing as I alreay knew Bandit is a-okay with babies and children. I was worried about Brobee being invasive and trying to smother the baby as he is a very cuddling cat. I got him when Briggs was over a year and over 30lbs so I was unsure how he would be around a new baby. However, I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction. He is very respectful of Blake and does not crowd him at all.

I guess really all I can say is you know your pets. What are their needs? Are they the type that requires a lot of physical/mental stimulation? the best thing you can do is find the easiest way on yourself to meet their needs because after having a baby you are tired, sore and not entirely back to normal. I "bounced back" quick and I still have an incredibly sore and unstable pelvis. Plus yu get no sleep.

*edit to add make sure oyu do have a safe place to put baby down though incase you need to do something like poop. I personally have a chair across from my toilet Blake chills in when I need to do my business

With Buddy, my 12 year old Pitbull type, we aren't doing anything to prepare. Our only concern with her will be if she's still around during toddler-days as she is too lame to move away quickly or often. So that will be management on our part, keeping the kiddo away from her.

With Obi, I am a little worried because he is so high energy. We are in a clicker class right now, brushing up on his basics, and I'm just hoping that hubby steps up to exercise him in the weeks following baby's arrival.

Both dogs are fantastic with kids though.

milos_mommy

Fran, how did they even find out about the twin sister? Did the mother come forward, or something? That seems like a pretty big twist of fate to figure out, years later. Maybe just the fact that they've found out is a good sign.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Fran, how did they even find out about the twin sister? Did the mother come forward, or something? That seems like a pretty big twist of fate to figure out, years later. Maybe just the fact that they've found out is a good sign.
I don't know the specifics. They won't tell us anything except that it has something to do with birth records/documents and the orphanage itself.
We are guessing..falsifying records? something? because if everything was in order, her birth record should have shown her being born with a twin. and they do not.

I wish we knew more. Right now information has to pass through like 100 people before getting to us :/

darkchild16

We are Home.
that poor girl :( Hopefully your cousin gets to reconnect with her twin!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) to your family.

We never did anything special with the dogs they all knew place and we could seperate them if need be.

Taqroy

I mean both interaction with pets and care of them. Do you have any special cleaning routines with pet stuff since the baby was born? How do the pets interact with the kids? How did you make sure you still had time for the pets? Did you do anything special to prepare the pets?
This is honestly the biggest thing I'm worried about. I worry about juggling time between a newborn and my (not unreasonably) demanding dogs. We're going to start a program in January to prep the dogs for the reduced time we're going to have for them. It's mostly initiating a contact rule - we will initiate ALL contact ALL the time. So if Tipper wedges her head under my hand I'll ignore it, unless I called her over specifically. We're actually supposed to be doing this now - I'd say we're at about 20% ignore. It's much much harder than it sounds. Half the time I look down and I'm petting a dog and I don't know why. Lol.

The other part is getting them used to baby sounds. We're probably going to set up the baby in our room for awhile so we'll set up the crib/pack n play/whatever and hook a little button to it that sounds like crying. Then every time I get up to pee I'll hit the button.

I think what's going to happen is a schedule, coupled with Matt taking over the exercise requirements for the girls for awhile. I'm hoping we'll get blessed with a portable baby that doesn't mind being carried around so that I can still get things done while I'm off work. (And when I have to go back.) Or barring that, I guess I'll buy good earplugs. :p I'm not too worried about the mobile stage yet - I can only obsess over so much at one time. And it's really going to depend on how the girls handle the first major change (adding a baby).

Taqroy

Fran, I'm not sure what's going on (I missed the initial post) but *****vibes***** for a positive outcome. If it's what I'm inferring from the posts it sounds awful and I really hope it works out for your family and for the poor girl. ((((hugs))))

milos_mommy

Has anyone experienced any situation like this in early pregnancy?

A friend of mine is turning 21. Another close friend is hosting his birthday party. It's at 10:30 at night (they're grad students). It's about 1.5 hours away from my house. I think probably about 10 or so people will show up, but probably just 6 or so will end up staying.

My options are:

1. Not go.
2. Go up with my friend who's leaving around 7 tonight and getting back early afternoon tomorrow.
3. Drive myself up there so I have the option of leaving earlier tomorrow morning, but I've never driven that far and I'm not 100% comfortable with it, especially at night.

If I do go, I'll probably bring my own pillow and blanket, and hopefully if everyone's too loud and I get tired or sick I can just go lie down in my friend's bedroom. I guess my biggest worry is like, being kept up half the night by people talking and listening to music, or getting a headache, or throwing up a lot. I *could* call my friend who's hosting it and tell him I'm pregnant and see what he says.

It's also probably one of the last sort of house parties I'll ever go to, a pretty good friend's 21st birthday...my youngest friend's 21st, and a lot of friends I probably wouldn't get to see again before the baby is born (or even after) will be there. So I know I'll regret it if I don't go.

Did anyone do anything like this while they were pregnant and was it ok or were you miserable the whole time?

Fran27

Personally, I wouldn't go at that time. Pregnant or not LOL. I did a sleepover once when I was 20 and it was awful, I hardly got any sleep, so forget driving back 1.5 hours after that.

milos_mommy

Personally, I wouldn't go at that time. Pregnant or not LOL. I did a sleepover once when I was 20 and it was awful, I hardly got any sleep, so forget driving back 1.5 hours after that.
haha this is something I did all the time before I was pregnant, pretty much every weekend. Normally I wouldn't have any problem with it.

milos_mommy

I think I will, I'm feeling pretty well so far today - so unless anyone interjects with a horror story about going to a party or spending the night at a friend's while pregnant, I'm planning on going.

Being pregnant in general really doesnt change your day to day life. Yes, some people get horribly ill but most people dont. A bit of morning sickness (or all day sickness), tire more easily, etc but you can still live your life pretty much as usual (minus drinking, smoking, etc).

milos_mommy

Being pregnant in general really doesnt change your day to day life. Yes, some people get horribly ill but most people dont. A bit of morning sickness (or all day sickness), tire more easily, etc but you can still live your life pretty much as usual (minus drinking, smoking, etc).
I have hyperemesis, extremely low blood pressure (although it has gotten better) and a heart arrhythmia which causes a lot of dizziness and potential fainting - so I am one of those people who got pretty sick. I had to go on medical leave from school, and probably do about a quarter of what I did before I got pregnant. That said, my dizziness has improved A LOT and I haven't fallen/fainted or even come close in probably two weeks, and I have prescription nausea medication which helps.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My concern would be how your friends would handle the situation if you had an episode....

That and if you have an episode while driving that far.

I am also not a fan of driving at night so I wouldn't try to drive home late at night on roads I am unfamiliar with.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I went to a friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party in another state when I was 6-7mos pregnant and slept on an air mattress. I really had no issues, but I really didn't have any issues throughout pregnancy as it was.

There really isn't any "by the book" reason you can't/shouldn't go just because you are pregnant, especially this early on, but you do have to take your personal circumstance into account (which it sounds like you have). If you are feeling well and up for it, and are comfortable with the situation, then really nothing should stop you. If it's something you were accustomed to beforehand, I'm guessing it won't really be a deal. :)

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I went to a friends' bridal shower/bachelorette party in another state when I was 6-7mos pregnant and slept on an air mattress. I really had no issues, but I really didn't have any issues throughout pregnancy as it was.

There really isn't any "by the book" reason you can't/shouldn't go just because you are pregnant, especially this early on, but you do have to take your personal circumstance into account (which it sounds like you have). If you are feeling well and up for it, and are comfortable with the situation, then really nothing should stop you. If it's something you were accustomed to beforehand, I'm guessing it won't really be a deal. :)
LOL We drove up to Canada for my sisters wedding when I was 8 months pregnant.

August... my dad doesn't have air conditioning and somehow Brian and I got stuck with sharing the SMALLEST bed in the house. I was like "that's just rude. We should have gotten a hotel room" :rofl1:

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
LOL We drove up to Canada for my sisters wedding when I was 8 months pregnant.

August... my dad doesn't have air conditioning and somehow Brian and I got stuck with sharing the SMALLEST bed in the house. I was like "that's just rude. We should have gotten a hotel room" :rofl1:
Oy. This event that I went to was at least in April. I also already knew that I wouldn't be able to go to the wedding. (The wedding date was two weeks after Justin's due date... and he was born a week late, sooooo.... lol) I just wanted to make sure I was there when I could, so off I went.

My husband was a real trooper and came with me so I wouldn't have to drive alone. He went to the movies for the bridal shower. Afterwards, he was even MORE of a trooper when the rest of the group invited him to "join us for dinner"... which turned out to be the bachelorette party at a piano bar. :rolleyes:

milos_mommy

Here's another one: what do/will your kids call their grandparents?

My mom doesn't want to be called Grandma, and hates the typical Nanny, Nana, Granny, etc. type nicknames. My grandmother is "Mimi". My mom is obsessively googling nicknames for grandparents and made a list. So far her favorite is "Kiki".

She got this from Kim Kardashian, it's what her nephew calls her. *slaps forehead*

Members online