Doggy high jump olympics

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, so today Lily was in the kitchen and we had the baby gate closed so she couldn't get to us because we were eating. She was staring through the gate at us whining a little bit and then suddenly she was on my lap. I put her back in the kitchen sat down and started eating agian and looked up just in time to see her clearing the baby gate. I guess she now knows how to jump over the thing seeing as we have not been able to keep her in the kitchen now since she jumped it the first time. I think we're gonna need a bigger gate (which I don't think is possible).

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
We thought about getting another gate to put on top to the first one. She sure is, bouncy. She's smart too, none of the other dogs even thought to try to jump over the gate. Shelby figured out how to open it with her muzzle but that was the only other dog that could figured out how to get past it.

Ah yup! You've just learned another spoo trait! Great jump height reached from a stand still position! :) I swear all four legs are springs in them! :)

Becca_

chowchow
Thats funny. I dont even latch my gate, just place it in the doorway and my two stay put. Princess could jump it without trying hard, Gracie could plow right thru it but they dont even try. Little Kokomo (daughters Pug) climbs over it.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Becca_ said:
Thats funny. I dont even latch my gate, just place it in the doorway and my two stay put. Princess could jump it without trying hard, Gracie could plow right thru it but they dont even try. Little Kokomo (daughters Pug) climbs over it.
Lily will usually stand up and stare at us and Hannah will just sit there and stare through the little openings. I never thought a little thing like her would be able to hurdle it, and then ofcourse Hannah sees Lily jump the gate so monkey see monkey do and now Hannah is clearing the gate too.

Y

yuckaduck

Yukon jumps on the gate until he breaks the wooden ones, knocks the plastic ones down. Storm jumps them and Hope opens them. I watch and when they go near the babygate I growl at them. That pretty muchly has ended the gate issues when we are here. WHen we are away, Storm and Yukon go to the kennel and Hope for now will try loose but if there are any issues to the kennel with her too.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I tell them "off" and they usually listen (well Hannah will Lily doesn't listen to well to us yet). They are always kenneled when we are gone because they get on the counter and the trash and all that good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.