ear problem

adele

my 2 yr old boxer bitch has always had problems with ear infections can anyone help???

This is a constant battle in my house as well especially with Farley. His are caused by allergies and since I have made a food change to Natural Balance Potato & Duck it seems to have improved. Chloe ends up with an ear infection if she gets water in her ears. The groomer has to be very careful. I have to be very vigilant with both of them and make sure I clean their ears.

When Farley gets an infection it usually will clear up with a round of antibiotics. However, the few Chloe has had have been much tougher to get rid of and the last one actually required 3 different meds at the same time from the vet before it cleared up.

You can try some of my ear cleaner. Regular cleaning may help with the ear infections. It shouldn't be a replacement for your vets treatment though. Click the link in my sig to find the ear cleaner.

Roxy's CD

My parents dog is also prone to ear infections.

I believe there very similar to when a woman gets a yeast infection. They just have to keep a close eye on it, and when his ear gets red and smelly they have a homemade remedy that they use.

Some dogs are just more prone to things like these. Brutus has small, floppy ears and stuff can get in there quite easily. Some dogs with long, floppy ears are prone to ear infections because it's damp inside the ear.

Ask your vet exactly what it is. Is it something like what I mentioned? A bacterial yeast infection? Or something else?

bubbatd

It's odd here... when I adopted Chip at 4 , they told me he always had ear problems... and came with all the washes etc. He never was in water , so it wasn't that ... no ear mites nor wax. In the 5 years I've had him, he's never had an issue ! Could it have been stress ?? Food ?? I've been stymied by this . Hey, I'm thrilled... but why did they have problems and I don't ??

Members online

No members online now.