Should I Call Animal Control?

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I am about ready to lose my mind :mad:. So those good old neighbors of mine are at it again.

After this last attack from Buster on Tucker they finally had him put down. I know it sounds horrible to be happy but I am.

So now they have a 8 week old lab puppy. And where is he? Tied to their back porch at 10pm barking and screeching his head off. Where are they? In bed!!! Granted its summer and its not that cold but come on! I am about to lose my mind here!!!

I want to call animal control or the police so bad because the puppy is making it impossible for me to sleep right now. But my mom told me not to start anymore drama with the neighbors. I really don't know what to do. They also have two kittens that are tiny and are kept outside. Well they left friday and didn't come back until today. Who fed the kittens? No one!!!!

If the puppy is provided food and water and reasonable access to shelter, nothing AC is going to do about it, unless the puppy is sick or starving.

As for the kittens, if they are also provided the lthings listed abovenothing much AC can do...

Sadly irresponsible owners have the same rights responsible ones do to own animals, now whether they should or not is a TOTALLY different matter

S

noludoru

Bored Now.
YES. They have got to be violating some sort of noise ordinance.

As to the kittens, I know this sounds bad, but please give them to a shelter or rescue that will speuter them and give them good homes if you possibly can. That's no life for a cat and if that continues, those cats wont be there long and they'll be making baby cats elsewhere.

If the cops won't do anything about the noise, record it. I'm sure you can think of something to do with the recording that won't get you in any hot water with the law :D

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
YES. They have got to be violating some sort of noise ordinance.

As to the kittens, I know this sounds bad, but please give them to a shelter or rescue that will speuter them and give them good homes if you possibly can. That's no life for a cat and if that continues, those cats wont be there long and they'll be making baby cats elsewhere.
Thats what I was thinking of doing. They are both so small I doubt they will live very long.

As to the puppy he has no food, water, or shelter. The underside of the porch is closed in. I am getting ready to make the call right now. Atleast for disturbing the peace. I feel so bad because these people going through dogs like nobodies business. They have lived next door to us for two years. They have had SEVEN dogs come and go. Buster was the only who stayed.

4 female Boston Terriers. All bought to breed to Buster once the female would have puppies they would give her away.

One Rat Terrier mix. They had her for all of two weeks.

Two different lab mix puppies at different times that only lasted a couple weeks as well.

And now this....Its so frustrating to live next to people like this it really is.

2BlackDogs

I would call AC. If the pup has no food, water or shelter maybe they can do something. If they keep the dog outside all day and night, there should be a noise ordinance after a certain hour. For us here it's 11pm. Even if it is a dog barking, the cops come out if you are disturbing the peace. Usually the cops say you have to take the dog in the house.

I'd let AC know about all the dogs these neighbors have gone through in such a short amount of time. maybe they can do something to put these people on the right track.

Members online

No members online now.