The Venting Thread

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
You can get purebreds in more ways than a breeder. I mean I get going to a breeder, I do, I just wanted to remind you it's possible to compromise.

Is it a mini schnauzer? I have a great contact if you're looking. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
WANT TO PLAY ALL THE DOG SPORTS.

Cannot play any of them.

I'm tempted to just enter Payton in a JWW course just because. Go do it. Get the agility want out of my system. Have him go berzerkers on the course and embarrass the hell out of me so I don't want to play anymore.

Saeleofu

Apparently I wasn't supposed to work today. But I didn't find this out until after my shift was over. So I worked anyway, when I could have slept in. I mean, I've gone to work before and then found out after a few minutes I wasn't supposed to be there, and every Tuesdays I get "I didn't know you were here" even when I'm supposed to be there. But I've never worked my entire bloody shift only to realize I could have stayed home.

At least I got paid?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
We have the heat on ... in texas ... IN ****ING APRIL?!?!?!?

**** you Punxsutawney Phil .... **** YOU!

*Sigh* at least the weather is sunny & beautiful & (at least during the day) its pretty enough to get out for a run today.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We had a pop quiz at work today. Lol God sometimes I think I work at the strangest place ever. I did okay.... 33/48 :rofl1:
One of the questions - 3 symptoms of heartworm disease.
The answers - coughing, exercise intolerance, and.... asymptomatic.
What kind of symptom is no symptoms at all??? Trickery at its finest.

I had something else I wanted to complain about but I can't remember. So it must not irritate me that much. lol.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
The self-proclaimed BFFs (Rumor and Little Kitty) have finally mastered the art of cross-species communication. The black monster knocked a container of rice off the counter so the red monster could open it for the both of them. :rolleyes:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Day = bad.

Actually... It has spilled over into the next month minimum = very difficult :(

Some good news for once, would be appreciated.

Lyzelle

I have to figure out what to make for dinner, then start making it, by 5 or 5:30.

No clue. Just none. And every idea I've come up with requires running to the store.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The self-proclaimed BFFs (Rumor and Little Kitty) have finally mastered the art of cross-species communication. The black monster knocked a container of rice off the counter so the red monster could open it for the both of them. :rolleyes:
I LOLed at your misfortune.

<3

Please don't hate me.

Middie has decided to be an asshole and forget his leash training. He pulled everywhere this morning, ate roadkill off the street before I could get it out of his mouth, and pulled me over a patch of ice. Gravity won that competition, and now I hurt.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Umm I'm about to pack this scrawny ass beezer and ship him to the first taker... Just need a big enough box for him. Because crate whining.
Holy crapzilla, he is STILL whining in the crate??

Do you guys give him ANY interaction when he is whining in there? Like, even occasionally telling him to shut up? lol

If not, and he is STILL whining, have you tried like a Manners Minder to reinforce him when he shuts up?

You have the patience of a saint. I probably would have killed him by now. I cannot stand whiney dogs.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Holy crapzilla, he is STILL whining in the crate??

Do you guys give him ANY interaction when he is whining in there? Like, even occasionally telling him to shut up? lol

If not, and he is STILL whining, have you tried like a Manners Minder to reinforce him when he shuts up?

You have the patience of a saint. I probably would have killed him by now. I cannot stand whiney dogs.
Yup he still does it. Not as often as he used to, but enough to make me want to claw my ears from time to time.

I've tried frozen kongs, Kong wobbler, different toys filled with kibble/treats/cheese/PB. I've tried hiding random kibble and treats in different places in his crate and in his blankets. I've tried antler chews, bully sticks, himalayan chews, starmark toys that you can fill with treats and then plug with the everlasting treat things. Some of that stuff will occupy him temporarily but as soon as he finishes he starts to whine again and there is only so much treats/chews I'm willing to give him. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten fat lol.

We have tried covering his entire crate with a blanket which helps somewhat except now he has decided to start pulling the blanket into the crate. I've tried completely ignoring him and I've lost my patience at times and yelled at him, but yelling at him makes him do it even more.

Haven't tried the Manners Minder yet, but a coworker suggested it as well. Just need to save up for one.

He only does it in the crate and the car. I tried Bamm's thundershirt on him the other night and it fits him so I'm going to see if that helps any.

I've also contemplated trying him in an airline crate. Would have to find a used one big enough for him. He has that tallish awkward long typical sighthound type of figure.

Eta: oh and I don't like whiney dogs too... Like... Really cannot stand it when dogs whine.

Dogs6

Plus One
My shoulders feel like they've been pulled out of their sockets! After over a month's rest Amber was a little fresh for jumping today and it took everything I have to get her to behave. So much pain!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I LOLed at your misfortune.

<3

Please don't hate me.
I will ship the both of them to you. They're the Destructo Duo.

Umm I'm about to pack this scrawny ass beezer and ship him to the first taker... Just need a big enough box for him. Because crate whining.
Rumor was a crate screamer as a puppy, and she will still whine and sing and scream every now and then. Want to borrow her to make you feel better about Joey? :p

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
HOW ****ING HARD IS IT TO GET A ****ING BOX OF CAKE MIX AT THE STORE, YOU STUPID ****ING EXPLETIVE?! "they didnt have any" IS A LOAD OF ****ING **** AND YOU KNOW IT JFC

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
People who don't share your political views, and when you voice yours just in an "this is what I'm going to be discussing for my class" way, they get completely defensive and shoot down everything that comes out of your mouth.

W. T. F.

Who cares if you think how the government is handling the current state of the economy is fine, and what I think needs to change in order for the economy to recover is complete bullshit. Thank you for essentially telling me I'm an idiot and full of crap simply because I don't see things your way.

I hate politics. It turns people into complete asshats.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yup he still does it. Not as often as he used to, but enough to make me want to claw my ears from time to time.

I've tried frozen kongs, Kong wobbler, different toys filled with kibble/treats/cheese/PB. I've tried hiding random kibble and treats in different places in his crate and in his blankets. I've tried antler chews, bully sticks, himalayan chews, starmark toys that you can fill with treats and then plug with the everlasting treat things. Some of that stuff will occupy him temporarily but as soon as he finishes he starts to whine again and there is only so much treats/chews I'm willing to give him. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten fat lol.

We have tried covering his entire crate with a blanket which helps somewhat except now he has decided to start pulling the blanket into the crate. I've tried completely ignoring him and I've lost my patience at times and yelled at him, but yelling at him makes him do it even more.

Haven't tried the Manners Minder yet, but a coworker suggested it as well. Just need to save up for one.

He only does it in the crate and the car. I tried Bamm's thundershirt on him the other night and it fits him so I'm going to see if that helps any.

I've also contemplated trying him in an airline crate. Would have to find a used one big enough for him. He has that tallish awkward long typical sighthound type of figure.

Eta: oh and I don't like whiney dogs too... Like... Really cannot stand it when dogs whine.
Where is his crate? Bear when he was young was a whiner his crate as in my room when he would start I would give him one warning to be quiet, if he didn't then I would take the crate with him in it & out it in the furthest room of the house, put some white noise on & let him deal.

Members online

No members online now.