What do you feed your dog & why?

Jackson said:
My bf thinks we should wait until we switch him off puppy chow, but I dunno if we should wait another 4 months...Wouldn't it be better to feed him better sooner? It's like putting of a balanced diet for yourself isn't it? That was my example for him when we discussed it.
Of course you're right! It's always better to upgrade food sooner, especially with a growing puppy!

Jackson

okay, so I have been reading about all kinds of different dog foods, and alot of you mention Innova and Eagle Pack quite often...I am leaning towards trying Jack on Innova. I'm gonna see what they say at the store up the street that sells high quality foods tomorrow. No more Pro Plan for little Jackson, hopefully he will be happy with the change...

I feed Charlie Innova Puppy, and I'll tell you it is EXCELLENT. His eyes are bright, his nose wet and his coat is softer than ever...much better than when he was being fed Iams at the breeder's. Overall, you can tell that there's been a change. Kind of off-topic, but we feed my cat Innova now too and his coat feels like mink...absolutely wonderful. :)

Yes, I highly reccomend switching to Innova. On their website they have a store locator...

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab

Jackson

MK&C said:
I feed Charlie Innova Puppy, and I'll tell you it is EXCELLENT. His eyes are bright, his nose wet and his coat is softer than ever...much better than when he was being fed Iams at the breeder's. Overall, you can tell that there's been a change. Kind of off-topic, but we feed my cat Innova now too and his coat feels like mink...absolutely wonderful. :)

Yes, I highly reccomend switching to Innova. On their website they have a store locator...

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=home-tab
When you swithed Charlie to Innova did you do it gradually or cold turkey? We are pretty much out of Pro Plan and I would rather not buy anymore of it...although I don't want the change to be too drastic for my little guy. I bought Innova Evo since there isn't much difference b/w that and the puppy formula. There are two kinds as well of Evo so he can eat either the chicken and rice or red meat formulas. Lets just hope he likes it. He hasn't been a picky eater so far...

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Whether you can switch cold turkey depends on the individual dog. Many don't have a problem at all, some are more sensitive.

I would recommend you keep a can of pumpkin on hand (100% pumpkin, not the spiced pie filling mix) and if stools get mushy, you add a couple good, heaping teaspoons of it to every meal until they firm up again.

One thing that's also important is not to overfeed, so if you switch cold turkey, feed a bit less of the new food than you'd feed of the old. I don't know how many kcal per cup the Proplan has that you are feeding, but giving 3/4 of a cup of Innova for every cup of Proplan should work out ok.

Give it a few days to see how things go, then adjust the feeding amount as needed. Keep in mind that one cup of Innova will most likely deliver more calories than one cup of Proplan, so you might not even have to increase at all.

Jackson said:
When you swithed Charlie to Innova did you do it gradually or cold turkey? We are pretty much out of Pro Plan and I would rather not buy anymore of it...although I don't want the change to be too drastic for my little guy. I bought Innova Evo since there isn't much difference b/w that and the puppy formula. There are two kinds as well of Evo so he can eat either the chicken and rice or red meat formulas. Lets just hope he likes it. He hasn't been a picky eater so far...
Like Mordy said, some dogs are more sensitive than others. We didn't know (and didn't plan on finding out by trial and error) how he would react to it so we did it gradually, just to be safe. :)

I feed mine California Natural Lamb and Rice, it seems to help Molly's skin problems slightly, and both of them actually like it. Molly likes Apples, pears, and sometimes oranges too. King will once in a while eat a few bites of apple. Molly will eat just about anything, except Nutro, no dog I have ever had would touch it. I also give them a pouch of three dog bakery's chicken, vegetables, and rice a few times a week.

I tried the raw deal, and the gas coming out of King was amazing, and Molly still scratched..and scratched, and scratched.

.Alice.

I feed Pedigree but as soon as I find a decent, affordable food in the UK I'll switch over :D

Members online

No members online now.