Girly Stuff

Okay so clear this up for me, are you guys using ACV alone on hair? Like no shampoo or conditioner? Or are you using a sulfate free shampoo with the ACV as a conditioner? Or are you using it along with shampoo and conditioner? I can't find a lot of clarity with just googling it. My initial idea was to use sulfate free shampoo and then use the ACV as a conditioner. Is this a good plan? I'm going shopping tonight so I just wanted to be clear on that. Thanks!
When I was using this method, I used baking soda to wash and ACV to condition. Also had a bottle of ACV with various herbs good for my hair type, it takes some of the smell of the vinegar out and it works wonders on your hair. I'm thinking about going back to it. Hubby complained that he didn't like the smell of the ACV even with the herbs in it, though. Stupid boy. ROFL

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
See, I don't know if I could handle smelling like vinegar... Is there something besides herbs you can put in there, like essential oils (thinking rose, lavender)?

milos_mommy

My hair never smelled like vinegar (I diluted it)... But I can imagine after using a fragrant shampoo and then switching, the fact that it just smells like hair is weird to some people? Try it and see.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
See, I don't know if I could handle smelling like vinegar... Is there something besides herbs you can put in there, like essential oils (thinking rose, lavender)?
Yeah you can put lavender oil or peppermint oil I think (though make sure to double check to make sure they are safe) I diluted the ACV in a large bowl of water & used a cup to pour it over my head (did the same with the baking soda before hand) your hair smells vinegar-y til it dries then it doesn't have a smell T all my hair jut smells like ... Hair lol.

I went to HEB so I couldn't find the "mother" ACV but I got their store brand which wasn't "imitation" like Heinz stuff is it was just filtered. It's great because I previously had itchy scalp & flakes/ dandruff & after only one use of soda/ACV it's all but GONE! Very impressed with it so far.

Question ... Could you mix the soda/ACV together or put the ACV on before washing out the soda? The first time I washed the soda out befits rinsing with the ACV. I also didn't need conditioner.

Yeah you can put lavender oil or peppermint oil I think (though make sure to double check to make sure they are safe) I diluted the ACV in a large bowl of water & used a cup to pour it over my head (did the same with the baking soda before hand) your hair smells vinegar-y til it dries then it doesn't have a smell T all my hair jut smells like ... Hair lol.

I went to HEB so I couldn't find the "mother" ACV but I got their store brand which wasn't "imitation" like Heinz stuff is it was just filtered. It's great because I previously had itchy scalp & flakes/ dandruff & after only one use of soda/ACV it's all but GONE! Very impressed with it so far.

Question ... Could you mix the soda/ACV together or put the ACV on before washing out the soda? The first time I washed the soda out befits rinsing with the ACV. I also didn't need conditioner.
Mix you baking soda and vinegar in a cup or something and watch what happens .then you'll understand why I say that it's probably not a great idea.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mix you baking soda and vinegar in a cup or something and watch what happens .then you'll understand why I say that it's probably not a great idea.
That was always one of my favourite "experiments" in school... usually done inside of a volcano form with some red food colouring...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
MY PINK LEOPARD PRINT CONVERSE ARE HERE EEEEEEEEEEEE

They're GOLD on the inside!
I LOVE THEM
*happy dance*

On a much less happy note, this morning I seriously considered calling my dermatologist to ask about Accutane. I'm so tired of the painful cystic acne. He put me on two different antibiotics before and neither of them really helped. The best my skin gets is on Epiduo but I can't use it for too long because it makes my face really sensitive and hurt... and even that isn't really good or clear of the cysts.
It's like, not only am I breaking out, which is embarrassing enough to be an adult with acne, but it HURTS.
It takes forever to get in to my dermatologist and it's really expensive on my insurance, like $50 copay and that's just to see him to start... and really I do NOT want to go on Accutane but I'm getting to that point of desperation...

Airn

MY PINK LEOPARD PRINT CONVERSE ARE HERE EEEEEEEEEEEE

They're GOLD on the inside!
I LOVE THEM
*happy dance*

On a much less happy note, this morning I seriously considered calling my dermatologist to ask about Accutane. I'm so tired of the painful cystic acne. He put me on two different antibiotics before and neither of them really helped. The best my skin gets is on Epiduo but I can't use it for too long because it makes my face really sensitive and hurt... and even that isn't really good or clear of the cysts.
It's like, not only am I breaking out, which is embarrassing enough to be an adult with acne, but it HURTS.
It takes forever to get in to my dermatologist and it's really expensive on my insurance, like $50 copay and that's just to see him to start... and really I do NOT want to go on Accutane but I'm getting to that point of desperation...

That sucks. I've considered getting medication for my acne but omg expensive! :yikes: I can't believe how much people pay for Epiduo and the like. Not to mention that Latisse stuff. It's got a hefty price tag. (Most of the people I see get sucked in by these coupons. And once the coupons expires or the insurance stops paying after 3 months, they realize how costly these medications are. I feel so bad for them. Until they start yelling at me. :lol-sign:)

Don't you know it's ALWAYS your fault? Never the insurance, the drug company, the doctor. Nope, the pharmacy is to blame. Always.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Do you have dark hair? I like to steep a bunch of rosemary in boiling water the night before, and use that water to mix with the ACV for the rinse the next morning. It smells nice, and the rosemary water by itself is really nice and conditioning. The days that I do that, I tend to get compliments on my hair so am assuming it works. lol

However, the rosemary does give you red highlights. If you're light haired and don't want red highlights, lemongrass is supposed to work well. My hair is super dark brown with reddish highlights anyway so it works out for me.

An update on the OCM on this end:

So far it's going great. I settled on coconut oil/castor oil blend with a crushed up MSM capsule mixed in. The MSM has really been helping the melasma to finally fade. And my skin just looks way more awesome and clear overall. My acne totally went away, then when I was housesitting I forgot my OCM stuff so was forced to use regular soap facewash.

The next morning I broke out. :( Went back to OCM right away, it cleared up and hasn't been back since.

Airn

Don't you know it's ALWAYS your fault? Never the insurance, the drug company, the doctor. Nope, the pharmacy is to blame. Always.
Of course. Because their docotor KNOWS they couldn't afford $150 meds and he WOULDN'T give a script for something that expensive.

Sometimes I wish we weren't so nice to people. It usually bites us in the ass.

"Oh, they don't have insurance... we have a coupon, let's apply it their meds."

Let's not because then they get pissed when it's NOT $35 every month. And the mail in crap the insurances companies are doing. Ugh.

Anyway, meds be expensive! Especially brand name, cosmetic ones!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah I remember using it to make a volcano in school too for a science project & I was like "that doesn't sound like ... Safe :/" but I just wanted to make sure ... Which is why I MAKE SURE I wash the soda out before I dare out the vinegar into my hair hahaha.

I Ben dilute the soda to make sure I can wash it out.

You can mix them together, will just have fizz to wash out:) I often mix them together to clean my sinks etc. Its not going to hurt anything.

Equinox

Crap, I've been spending way too much money :eek:

Bought 4 new lip colors (Black Cherry, Red Velvet, Stoplight Red, Brown Sugar), a felt tip liquid liner, an eyebrow pencil, a primer+liner sealer in one, and a bottle of Biotin tablets (thanks Katey!). I don't actually wear much make up at all, but it was such a great deal that I had to splurge a little.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I want to see a pic of those pink leopard converse :)

A funny thing I found while rinsing my hair with ACV (after it dries it just smells like ... Hair. I actually like the "hair" smell now instead of the fabricated "poo" smell by the way) was what it did to my face ... It was so soft & clean ... Even in our iron rich hard water.

Also toothpaste is a great exfoliator just splash your face with warm water to open pores (I like to do this in the shower) then take a dab of toothpaste, just enough to cover the tip of your index finger & spread it like you would any cleanser & then work it in & wash it off.

Lol I use toothpaste when I run out of cleanser

noludoru

Bored Now.
Okay. I have an OCM update for realz.

I tried it using vitamin e. DID NOT WORK. Add that to makeup daily, sunscreen, and stress and I have broken out worse than I ever did during puberty. "Broken out" is an understatement, actually. I would go so far as to say that my face has "erupted with pustules." The pics are in bad light and don't show it, but every one of those zits is BRIGHT RED and GIANT.

IMG_9727 by noludoru, on Flickr

AOCM by noludoru, on Flickr

Our very own batshit crazy groomer was kind enough to give me some castor oil and grapeseed oil. Tonight is night one, and my face feels great but looks just as awful as it did during the pictures. I'll update in two weeks with pics to let you guys know how it's going. :eek:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Hey Nolu that's about how my skin looks too!

I went back to my regular face wash even though I wasn't really pleased with that, either. I think I probably just suck at OCM.

Staff online

Members online