Sunny and Serenity's friend is here!

TahlzK

Hello everyone,

My names Tahlia, I'm 20, I live in Australia.

I currently own two dogs. Sunny, he's 5 and he's a Lab x Staffy x (some people think Greyhound while others think Kelpie). He came from a pet shop, he was originally my brothers dog. I originally hated Sunny and it took me months to bond with him. When my brother moved out of home when Sunny was over 1, I had a choice to keep Sunny or send him to the pound. I chose to keep him. He's a great, lovable, fun, loyal dog. He's special to my heart, he is a amazing dog and I've only really recently started to see that.

Serenity is my other dog. I wrongly brought her in to my life and I've never told anyone on the inter til now. I was in a depressed state, I didn't just want Sunny and I searched around for a new pup. I wanted a Staffy but my heart something kept drawing me back to the Kelpie x's. I didn't want a Kelpie x but I couldn't look away. Anyway, I saw her image, her name popped in to my head and I knew it was meant to be. I did sneak her home and it took days for mum to say she was staying but in the end, I won.

Being only my 3rd dog, I thought Serenity would grow up like Sunny. I didn't notice she was different. I didn't know until a few months ago that Serenity had problem issues. She is a bit fearful at times, she will bite if pushed the wrong way and she's a tad possessive. Beside the negative stuff, she is very loyal, very smart, willing to learn, she catches on quickly, she is very in sync with me. I have been working hard with her and she has made leaps and bounds! She used to try to attack dogs and lately, she can interact with dogs. I am still working on her peoples issues but she's getting good at just blowing people off and staying by my side. I believe she is my heart dog, I have grown a very strong bond with her. Though I have my doughts and wish I didn't have her at times, she is so special to me. I am glad she's young because I want her with me for a long time.

I have not always been the best owner, it has taken YEARS for me to get off my ass and actually learn, stop arguing with good advice. I am now doing something good, I am being so much more responsible. It took a long time but I'm finally getting there. I've learnt so much and I still need to learn a whole lot.

I also believe in Animal Communication, telepathically talking to animals so if i mention that randomly, the people who read this, will understand why I am talking about it.

o, and pics!

And there favorite afternoon routine when I get home is this;

TahlzK

Also, my future hopes is to make Sunny a therapy dog and maybe do a sport with him.

If Serenity is able to and enjoys it, I'd love to do a few dog sports with her in the future but I'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome. Love your two dogs. Sunny reminds me of my Peanut who I got from a rescue; the vet said he has some greyhound in him.

Sounds like you have learned a lot through your dogs...sometimes they teach us the most important lessons. :) Welcome! :)

Members online

No members online now.