Golden Retrievers

Anyway, her kennel name is Bearabella Goldens, http://www.bearabellagoldens.com/ there is a link to her website. She is a little expensive though, Im not sure what youre price range is...

Helena is a great lady. She has wonderful dogs. I have a half sister to the bitch she was showing at the national and beat the socks off of everyone there! It was sweet! I will say that her dogs are not expensive. Rather they are right on target for the going market of a well bred golden from parents with clearances and a pedigree history of cleared dogs. She would be an excellent person to buy a dog from. I know last year the roof to her kennel got blown off and she had to have it repaired so I don't know if she is doing any litters now or not.
Any how. You cannot go wrong with Helena!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
She actually built an all new indoor kennel, complete with a bedroom and kitchen for herself and her kennel help! I was really impressed with her set up. Her dogs were gorgeous, I wanted to take Freedom home with me! He was a big lap dog.

And she has an announcment on her website saying that if the breeding takes there will be puppies ready in May, and that she also has a couple younger adults avaliable.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
thanks yall.
Her dogs are gorgeous and I love their looks and temperaments.

I'm really glad yall requested a breeder yall know about and can say good things about. That REALLY makes me feel good.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
So have you made a choice yet?? Border Collie (btw, what breeders are you looking at around here? I cant find any!) Corgi, or Golden? Also, may I ask, why you decided to forgo the poodle?

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
So have you made a choice yet?? Border Collie (btw, what breeders are you looking at around here? I cant find any!) Corgi, or Golden? Also, may I ask, why you decided to forgo the poodle?
There are breeders that we know through friends and I'm looking outside of state, not as many BC breeders as I thought.
I dont know which breed yet. Possibly BC or Corgi but Golden is still on the table.
About the poodle, I just started looking at different breeds and researching more on BCs and Corgis and realized that they are more my preference. If that make sense.

Also, can you help me look at BC breeders? I'm sure most people are better at finding breeders than myself. From one Georgian to another Georgian.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Im not sure about any BC breeders around here actually. If you have websites though, Ill be happy to take a look at them. Now, Australian Shepherds, those are a breed Ive been researching fairly heavily myself! lol. Jk.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Im not sure about any BC breeders around here actually. If you have websites though, Ill be happy to take a look at them. Now, Australian Shepherds, those are a breed Ive been researching fairly heavily myself! lol. Jk.
Aussies are a GREAT breed. I just like the look of BCs better. Aussies are bigger, so to speak, than BCs and I like the smaller look.

Oh Charlie, you are requested in chat please. :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Aussies are a GREAT breed. I just like the look of BCs better. Aussies are bigger, so to speak, than BCs and I like the smaller look.

Oh Charlie, you are requested in chat please. :D
Aussies can be pretty tiny, too. I'm not just talking 'minis' or 'toys' but there are a lot of smaller standard Aussies as well. There are some great threads about the difference between Aussies and BCs personality wise that I think you should look at if you're looking into those breeds. Maybe I can drag them up....

I also think that looks isn't really a good reason to decide between breeds. There are breeds that I just don't like the look of and would probably never own because of that, but you have to be realistic about what you need in a dog. A really drivey border collie is not going to be much like living with a golden. You want a sport dog, but I think the biggest thing is to get a dog you personally can live with first. I'm looking for a dog to compete with to possibly test the waters a bit so to speak. I want a bigger, drivey-er breed in the future, but right now I need an apartment dog. Do you need a really competitve dog or do you just want to test the waters a bit and compete for fun? Have you ever trained dogs in the sports you're interested in?

EDIT: Here's one. I can't find the one that I started, though.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67300&highlight=Australian+Shepherds

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44640

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Aussies can be pretty tiny, too. I'm not just talking 'minis' or 'toys' but there are a lot of smaller standard Aussies as well. There are some great threads about the difference between Aussies and BCs personality wise that I think you should look at if you're looking into those breeds. Maybe I can drag them up....

I also think that looks isn't really a good reason to decide between breeds. There are breeds that I just don't like the look of and would probably never own because of that, but you have to be realistic about what you need in a dog. A really drivey border collie is not going to be much like living with a golden. You want a sport dog, but I think the biggest thing is to get a dog you personally can live with first. I'm looking for a dog to compete with to possibly test the waters a bit so to speak. I want a bigger, drivey-er breed in the future, but right now I need an apartment dog. Do you need a really competitve dog or do you just want to test the waters a bit and compete for fun? Have you ever trained dogs in the sports you're interested in?

EDIT: Here's one. I can't find the one that I started, though.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67300&highlight=Australian+Shepherds

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44640
No I have never trained dogs in sports but I have in some obedience.
I just wan to test the waters a bit and compete for fun. I'm not goning to make it something I MUST do, but if myself and a dog enjoy it than yes I will keep doing it.
I will check out those links.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
laurelin- i looked at those links. BCs seem to fit me better cause I like the more seriousness in a dog. I will research more on BCs to really make sure this is the breed I want.

She actually built an all new indoor kennel, complete with a bedroom and kitchen for herself and her kennel help! I was really impressed with her set up. Her dogs were gorgeous, I wanted to take Freedom home with me! He was a big lap dog.

And she has an announcment on her website saying that if the breeding takes there will be puppies ready in May, and that she also has a couple younger adults avaliable.

Yeah...and she was smart...she put in those automatic waterers!!!!

You can't go wrong with a golden...they are second best at everything ;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
laurelin- i looked at those links. BCs seem to fit me better cause I like the more seriousness in a dog. I will research more on BCs to really make sure this is the breed I want.
Column 2: I would like an affectionate, playful dog, happy-go-lucky dog, a goofball but knows when to calm down when need be.

:confused:

I guess I'm just a little confused. From all your other threads it sounds like you're looking for a very different type of dog than you'd previously said?

Border collies and goldens are two very different breeds as Grammy has said.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakotah, how about a rescued BC? You can find some sweet goofball dogs in shelters or rescues, they may not be purebred but they'll probably have the kind of temperament you're looking for.

I know that you'll love any dog you get, and with your living and school arrangements now I understand that you have the time to devote to any dog, no matter how demanding.

You also need to keep your future in mind. Someday you'll be working full time, maybe going to college. If that's in 2 years, what will you do for your 2 year old Border Collie? I doubt you will have time to devote to the intensive training necessary for agility and flyball? I know you're probably choosing a Border Collie right now because they usually make the best sport dogs, but you have to think about how much time dog sports require, and whether you'll have that time in a few years when your life has progressed.

I'd get the dog that fits best into your lifestyle first, and explore dog sports with that dog (be it a golden, a rescue, whatever). Maybe you won't be extremely competitive in Flyball with a golden retriever, but when you go home with that dog, you'll enjoy its company. That's what matters most. Sports take up maybe 5% of your total time with the dog - living with it that other 95% is what you need to focus on.

bubbatd

Agree .... you need to put your priorities in a row. Then when you decided what you want , we can help you ! Have you done the tests as to what dogs are best for you ???

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I agree 110% with Grace. Border Collies are very intense dogs for first time owners.

I, also, suggest BC rescue. An older adult would probably suit you better than a 7 weeks old puppy. BC puppies require a LOT of work - like any pup. Do you have time with school to take care of a puppy? Socializing, bonding, training, vet visits, midnight potty runs, 3X a day feeding, ect?

Honestly, a BC doesn't sound like your best bet. I would recommend a Golden before any other breed you suggested. Goldens are very versital if you decide you don't like Flyball.

Plus, with school (I assume your in HS?) a Border pup would be hard. They crave leadership and if your home only half to 2/3 the day, the pup won't get that. I wouldn't even consider getting my BC pup if I weren't homeschooled and home all day.

Please, please, please don't get a Border Collie just because you "like the look of BCs". If thats the only reason your getting a BC, you won't be happy because of all the extra energy you'll get along with that "pretty packege".

If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you good links about the Border Collie.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Lizmo thats not the only reason i was considering a BC, cuase they look smaller than Aussies.

Yes I have the time for a puppy.
I am looking into rescuing older dogs or even puppies, if I find one.

Members online

No members online now.