Hm... WIP need advice

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm really really new to watercolors- this is the 4th one I've done in my life. But anyways, I was wondering how it is looking. It is a present for my mother eventually.

I was thinking of using prismas on top of it as I'm much more used to using prismas and to add detail. What do you think? Does it need it. The background is going to just be some simple shading.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:) looks fine the way it is..at the same time i have seen some lovely mixed media too, so i am no help at all...your mom will love either i am sure but if you do go in with pencil can we see the final?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Beautiful!

I don't think it *needs* it but I do think the added detail would bring something more to the piece. Either way I think it will be lovely.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys! I think I'm going to try to add some pencil detail. *crosses fingers I don't screw it up totally*

And no worries, I shall show you all when I next update.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks! I've been working on the pencil part now. I'm just really slow with pencils and keep having to break to do a few simple things in between. Maybe I can work some more on it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Here's how the pencil looks so far. I can't tell if you can tell much of a difference. Any advice would be very helpful!

Here's a detail of the part I've been working on.

coteyr

The detail is great though I like the orignal better, but I think that is just taste, it reminds me of something in my past. Very nice work either way.

Brandyb

Excellent job!!! I really can't suggest anything else - both ways look great, you're mom will love it!

Members online

No members online now.