"Saving Private Keno"-Staring Duke *video*

Kayla

This is one of the first longer behaviour chains I taught Duke. It was a requirement for a part of our assessment at the Karen Pryor Academy. Each cue in the chain was to be trained individually, brought to fluency and then back chained in. While everything was smooth individually we had particular issues with the very last cue the retrieve. The chain didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped but in the time I had to prepare it I am happy with it, and of course with Duke.

You will notice a lot of barking throughout the chain this is farily normal for him and he tends to be very vocal while we are working.

Here is a list of each behaviour in the chain

Heel on my right side
Go over the jump
Go to your circle target- make contact and lie down
Come
Spin
Come to front
Heel on my left side
Drop
Knock over the box containing Keno (the kidnapped teddy bear)
Pick up keno and drop him in front of me

Kayla

lizzybeth727

Looks good! Congratulations on training such a long sequence!

Threadjack: I didn't know you were in KPCA.... How do you like it? I've heard a lot of good things about it, the curriculum looks pretty solid on paper.

Kayla

I liked it immensly, the support is fantastic and the video files supporting the curriculum are amazing and come from all across the world, from guide dog foundations, to zoos, to police dogs and everything in between. Its spaced out so you have four workshops one after each unit- you are given multiple training tasks to complete and present at each workshop so I found I got a tons of hands on as well. The faculty is top notch as well IMO. I think apprenticeships are the way to go in training, and this course really makes it feel like you have apprenticed under some of the top trainers from various felds- I just dont think you can get that same level from regular apprenticing.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Wow, you must be so happy to have that completed and now be able to reflect on such a positive learning experience. Good for you Kayla!!! And what a good boy Duke is too!

Members online

No members online now.