Just want to crawl up into a ball.

I can't even take the dog out nor step out of the front door without risk of losing my roof right now. Ack, not a nice place to be in, either of us...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Do you not have public transportation? Denis and I are sharing 1 car and a motorcycle, when I can I take him to work to save the 6 bucks on parking downtown and save the gas to get there, when it is too cold and dangerously wet he takes the bus.

We sold a ton of stuff to make this move, it sucks but you CAN do it. You have a child on the way and it is horrific to think you would choose to not sell goods in an effort to better your life. It's not fun to hear that, but its true.

Library's are great, also cafes. We've been stalking Starbucks for Denis' homework lately because we couldn't get Internet until tomorrow.

If you want help selling yourself for jobs let us know. Times may be hard but jobs are out there, you just need to work through it.

kady05

She just said that they're not hers, they're her boyfriend's, and he's unwilling to sell them.
^^ Right.. I never read that she said he owned the camera. And hell, even if it IS his camera, he needs to buck up and sell it. He has a child on the way, time to grow up.

milos_mommy

I guess when you say your boyfriend won't "let" you sell something, I assume it's his property, or at least something you share. Because if your boyfriend isn't going to "let" you sell something that is YOURS and YOU paid for or received as a gift, that's a much bigger problem.

There's no reliable public transportation here. Many places, especially rural areas, don't have public transportation. We have buses that go to the hospital and the mall, which I would have to walk over an hour to catch. And I live in a pretty suburban area near a large university and hospital.

yoko

You don't NEED a cell phone, you don't NEED an iPad, you don't NEED a camera.

She may be saying her husband says no to selling them but in this situation the payments for these things affect BOTH of them. The money from them would help BOTH of them.

I'm sorry but you need to sit down and both of you find things to sell.

Not only do you have multiple dogs you have a baby on the way. Yeah it sucks to have to sell your things for less than you paid but sometimes you have to suck it up and do what needs to be done.

And really with how much your net is costing this sounds like a budgeting issue. You have to have not paid for a while. That's more than my friends who pay for the business Internet.

You think you can do fine if you get an advance but every advance be it from a payday advance or from the boss themselves you put yourself in a hole that needs to be dug out of.

And iPads are easy sellers. Try GameStop they may be willing to buy to refurbish. Or go to a cell phone repair store sometimes they'll buy to refurbish.

I'm sorry but in this situation you need to take care of this stuff even though it sucks because you have a lot more than you and your husband to worry about now.

milos_mommy

She may be saying her husband says no to selling them but in this situation the payments for these things affect BOTH of them. The money from them would help BOTH of them.
He's not her husband, which is why now I'm really confused about why she can't sell the camera if it belongs to her?

kady05

I *think* (and I could be wrong) that her BF gave her the camera as a present. So I guess if you want to get into technicalities, it is "his".. but if Eric gave me something as a gift, I would consider it mine to do whatever I want with.

Either way, the camera isn't the big issue here.. I mean, selling it would certainly help, but there seems to be underlying budgeting problems.

milos_mommy

Did these problems start piling up when you lost your job, Barbara? It kind of sounds like you were living an affordable lifestyle and then when you lost your job you just didn't cut back enough, or have been out of work longer than anticipated.

I'd make a list of priorities, rent being #1 (unless you can move in with your parents for a short time, even subletting the apartment), and so on. Sell whatever you can to pay what you can while you look for a job. Talk to vet and things like that and let them know what's going on and work out a payment plan.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I *think* (and I could be wrong) that her BF gave her the camera as a present. So I guess if you want to get into technicalities, it is "his".. but if Eric gave me something as a gift, I would consider it mine to do whatever I want with.

Either way, the camera isn't the big issue here.. I mean, selling it would certainly help, but there seems to be underlying budgeting problems.
Selling the camera would be a good start to fixing the budgeting problems. They still owe money on the camera, so selling it and then paying off the remainder of what's owed will eliminate that bill.

At this point, I think Barbara needs to get out from underneath the bills that aren't being paid. If she "borrows" from her future self by way of an early pay advance, it's just going to catch up to her again unless she can get things paid off.

Barbara, do you have any gaming systems you can sell? Video games? Computers?

milos_mommy

Change husband to bf same issues
Same issues but especially if you're unmarried I can't see allowing someone to dictate to you what you can and can't sell, at least if you're married there's a good chance you're sharing a bank account and belongings.

yoko

I think when you are to the point one persons purchases are affecting both people it doesn't matter what label you use.

joce

Do NOT sell your car. When your SO mentions they may not love you all the time you don't want to sell your only means of transportation. And after hearing that I would move myself back home if at all possible:cool:

Go to every target, walmart, starbucks,shoe store etc within twenty minutes of your home and apply. Try to talk to someone there. They may tell you to use the app thing there or apply at home but you may get to talk to someone.

Drop the internet and phones. Make a list of priorities. Not paying rent will get you evicted. Not paying a internet bill just means no internet and eventually maybe collections but you still have a roof over your head. Do you have car payments? Don't want a car repossessed.

The dogs can eat crap food for a little bit. They may have an upset stomach, but they will live.

Google food pantries in your area and see what it takes to go to them. Getting food through them will help you have money for gas.

Did I see you were pregnant? You should be able to get ins and some assistance like foodstamps while you are(you could here anyway).

Try thinking long term. Do you need to look into rehoming a dog? Selling your car for a cheaper beater? Maybe something better on gas? get down to no cable or cell phones for a while and just have rent and utilities.

milos_mommy

WIC is the name of the organization that provides food stamps for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and children up to age 5. I don't think it's local, but it might be.

JacksonsMom

What? She can't sell the ipad, she can't sell the camera, and she's trying to sell other stuff.

Some families NEED two cars. Matt and I have overlapping schedules and work on opposite ends of town. It would be insanely inconvenient and a huge waste of time and money for us to have one car. What's up with the hate in this thread?
^this!

I'm sorry you're going thru a hard time Barbara. :(

Members online