anyone have a guard dog like mine?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
HAHA When we go out teddy has to go into his room. WELL last night we came home and i went and opened up the door to his bedroom and he didn't even get off his chair lol. He didn't come to check and see who was there lol I walked around the corner to see him sitting in his chair peeking over the top to see who was coming in. lol What a great guard dog I have. He doesn't bark when someone is at the door and he stays in his chair when we come home and open his bedroom door lol What if it was a robber :O lol if it was a robber all our stuff would be gone lol.

Anyone else have a dog like this? lol I thought dogs were supposed to warn you when someone came to the door lol

luvmydogs

lol a friend of mine, which magnum has never met, came through my front door the other day. we were sitting out back, and didnt hear her knock, so she let herself in. magnum was right there laying on the floor, legs wide open "saying" :pet me pet me.he went right up to her afterwards and didnt leave her side....he would lick a burglar to death

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
luvmydogs said:
lol a friend of mine, which magnum has never met, came through my front door the other day. we were sitting out back, and didnt hear her knock, so she let herself in. magnum was right there laying on the floor, legs wide open "saying" :pet me pet me.he went right up to her afterwards and didnt leave her side....he would lick a burglar to death

hahaha AWWWWW that is so cute. I just thought it was so funny yesterday to walk in his room (it was night time so it was dark in his room) and just see him peeking up over top of the chair with his ears drooping at the sides lol.

If he was out in the living room and someone came in then he would go nuts lol he would be so excited lol so if a burglar did come he might get knocked over lol.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Haha, know what you mean. Zeus never barks. Whenever someone comes to the door, he waits there with his tail wagging like mad. If somebody tried to rob our house, not only would he greet them, he's probably hold the door and help!

Becca_

chowchow
Princess never barks when someone is here. She barks when someone goes to a neighbors house. Neighborhood watch I think. Gracie doesnt bark either. Both stand at the door wagging their tails and dancing around anxious to let the person in. But let me tell you how brave Gracie is! The other night my husband and I were in the office, Princess and the cat were outside enjoying the stars. Gracie is scared of the dark so she was inside with us. She was laying in the dinningroom when all at once she came running as fast as she could into the office! She turned around facing the office door and did a soft low bark (like a whisper). My husband and I both said "what the heck is your problem?". Thanks to all the ghost talk here and knowing it was only the 3 of us in the house I said maybe she seen a ghost (my husband doesnt believe in ghost).

I got brave and headed for the front of the house and when I got to the dinningroom the front door opened and in came a friend laughing. She had been knocking on the door, knew we was home and opened the door slightly to hollar at us. I guess Gracie didnt know what to think of it and came running as fast as her legs could take her to us! Now that's a guard dog.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
hahaha When my mom moved into a new house Shelby (shih tzu/ pug mix) didn't know what to think. So one night we all went out for dinner and came back to the house later on. it was dark and I thought I would tease shelby a little and I rang the doorbell. She was upstairs on my moms bed (thats where she always is when they go out lol) and as soon as she heard that doorbell she came flying off that bed all the way to the stairs barking her face off lol but once she got to the steps she woudln't go any farther lol no way was she coming downstairs to see who was at the door lol not in that strange house. So she just stood up top the stairs and gave her biggest "I know someone is there" bark lol but no way would she come down lol not until I opened the door and called her name lol.

I come home lots of day's from work and wake Tank up. Thats after pulling in to the driveway with a loud rattleing diesel truck, then opening the garage door and coming through to the house. He comes walking in trying to stretch and his eyes are half closed.

bogolove

LOL! Brady sometimes stays upstairs on the bed when I come home. I don't know if he is scared, or if he looked outside and saw it was me, and thought, eh, I don't feel like getting up yet...

Fran27

I feel I'm the old man out... Boris will bark at anything going close to the door lol. Tips goes there wagging his tail but he's still young so...

Old Dog

Ol'Dogger
I have a rescue pitmix that we took in as a pup after hurricane Ivan. She not only will not bark at anything, people ,dogs, cats nothing....she won't even get up off the porch if someones comes to the fence unless its someone she knows will pet her. She is one of the quitest dogs I have ever had.........but she looks bad..LOL If I saw her laying there believe me I would not walk into my yard! Guess thats better than her being the other way. So much for big bad watchdog haha We live downtown where I live and there are all sorts walk up and down out street all hours of the day and night.

our house was broken into when we had Ralph and he slept through it!

holly is my guard dog though she looks sweet she would kill for her mummy!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah Teddy doesn't bark at anything either. The only time he will bark is if we tell him to speak or if we start howling then he will howl along lol

SandraC

I have 3 GSD's and before I got the youngest the other 2 never barked much. They still don't but he does a bit.
Many a time the door bell rang and I've gone to the door with 2 GSD's behind me and the caller has looked quite shocked.
When my husband comes in from work at midnight very rarely does Morgan
even go to the door. The other 2 never do they are on the floor beside the bed sound asleep.

Members online

No members online now.