getting started...

a.baker

I am going to have a pet rescue or animal shelter started from my home. Now is there any difference from a rescue or shelter? And where do I go to get started?

I live on commercial property and I alreday ruled out its not through the city or county. Is it a state or township thing? I live in Michigan if that helps at all. Where I live is right outside of town but still looks like its in town. So great traffic, on a busy highway. Great for the community since in the future I want to tie disabled and troubled teens into this and help out more people where I can; ...tie things together. I also want to train dogs that come in so they are more adoptable and less likely to return.

I have thought about marketing a couple of ideas I have for pet products that I see are not out there yet in the stores or the net and they are very reasonable! Good ideas!!! Use that to help rake in money for the shelter. Me and my husband do not have any extra funds so I am trying to figure out how to get funds rolling in and making this nonprofitable and stable. This is my heart in many ways so please help give me any info. or input you have.

bubbatd

Good luck !!!! A friend of mine started one and it took a lot of $$$ , time and sorrow !

a.baker

Looks like it is something you have to do through the state and start a corporation. I was before in the process going to start my own cleaning company as a LLC and I had my DBA and everything but I decided it wasn't for me even though I was good at it. Its always detail after detail. But better to be prepared so its stable than make a huge mess.

So I need info. from all the over the place to help me to make sure I cover details.

Maxy24

The founder of this rescue that I volunteer with started from her home, in fact it's still run from her home with the help of a community of foster parents who take most of them to their homes. We just got our first building so that we can take in more dogs. I suppose you could e-mail her using the first e-mail, I don't know whether or not she'll get back to you though, we are getting another load of dogs Wednesday so she is going to be very busy very soon.

http://www.saveadog.org/contacts.asp

Members online

No members online now.