Trick of the Week: Close the Door!

SaraB

Week 3's trick is close the door! Or cupboard. Or drawer. Whichever works best for you. It can be with their nose, one paw or two paws, forceful or soft.

Next week will be a catch up week, so there will be no trick.

Ready... Set.... Go!!

I've never tried to teach this before, so I'm looking forward to it. Boone targets with his paws, so I'm going to try to get him to close it with just his nose to make it a little harder for him.

Saeleofu

Can we get a sticky with this - I never knew about this until now! What were the previous weeks? My dogs can both close doors, so I can spend TWO weeks playing catch-up :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm knows this one already. I think I'm going to work on it with Cricket this time around.

Here's Bamm demonstrating though.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KfLtMPROXjg?list=UUivDfVVknpq7yuFg117g35w&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eta: damnit... it wont let me embed the right video for some reason?
Here's the link to the right video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfLtMPROXjg

This will be fun, neither Didgie nor Traveler know this.

I'll also be using catch up week to finetune spin since I'm not happy with it since Didgie feels the need to do it ontop of me.

This will be fun, neither Didgie nor Traveler know this.

I'll also be using catch up week to finetune spin since I'm not happy with it since Didgie feels the need to do it ontop of me.
Same here. Boone's flipping his head pretty nicely now, but I still want to build up his speed.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think Frodo and I will be working on spin for quite a few more weeks to come, lol. That is gonna be a slow one!

I think this will be way easier!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution

SaraB

I think we might bow out of this one... Got some other stuff to do with spin, and I want to get her back in to obedience mode a bit more before we start classes in a couple of weeks. But we did this already, as is seen in these videos:
Just remember... obedience is nothing but tricks! ;)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Here is training session one. My plan it to get him to target the sticky note, then put the note on the cabinet, then fade the note once he is offering it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hzpirmr6db8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He kept trying to target the camera.
Then Whiskey knocked our whole key bucket off the counter cause he's a jerk :cool: lol

Members online

No members online now.