Dalmations

mrose_s

BusterLove
High energy? Do they shed a lot? Are they very people orientated? How big do they get? etc etc
I don't think I have seen anything posted about dalmations and I don't know a hell of a lot about them except they are so beatiful.

S

stirder

depends on the breeder and the dog. after 101 dalmations movies their are still quite a few bad breeders out there. should be a mid energy dog, what..70 pounds? supposed to be very people oriented, why they bred them into the australian cattle dog.

Tobysmom

got this from somewhere:

Size: Shoulder height: 54 - 61 cm (21.25 - 24 inches).

Coat: Coat must be short. Ideally, spots must not overlap each other, and should have a diameter of 2 - 3 cm (.75 - 1.75 inches).

Character: This dog is sociable, full of stamina, friendly, and affectionate.

Temperament: This breed makes a good playmate for children, although it may be a little too rambunctious for smaller children. It can be watchful around strangers. Dalmatians get along well with other dogs or household pets.

Care: Loose hairs should be removed daily by grooming with a rubber glove when the dog is shedding.

Training: Should be consistent. Dalmatians respond positively to praise when they have done something well.

Activity: Dalmatians will adapt themselves to the activity level of your family, although they are happiest when they get a chance to run free in the country.

Just a description of the breed in general

Ash47

Taco Dog
There is only one Dalmation breeder around my neck of the woods. Not sure if they are byb or not. But they are not very common around here at all.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
If you would give the STATE you live in mrose then I could look up some Dalmations for you. Not trying to get anything personal out of ya just trying to help like everyone else. Pm me

S

stirder

pro47, its the same here, and was the same north of dallas texas and west of st louis missouri. I know for a long long time they were extremely popular and everybody wanted one. I knew that had died down but have they become that uncommon?

S

sammydawg

a friend of mine breeds and shows them-- she said they shed like buffalo and are pretty hyper. .. but who can resist those spots? :D

Ash47

Taco Dog
I guess so stirder. They were barely ever in when I worked at the clinic. I don't know why. My cousins had one when we were young, but she was older and died when we were still toddling around. Other than that, I have no experience with Dalmations.

Members online

No members online now.