keep the pitbulls!

spudy

why do people say it is the dog that is bad . do they not now its the people or are they just really DUMM!!!!!!! can any one answer me that? ok i no that pits attack people but its not there falt its the owners flat . if they dont treat them right then they well be bad dogs. i think that we meaning the usa shounld have a group of people how should be able to own them. what do you guys think? should they have a gruop of people how should be able to own them or should every one be able to ? you pick

sorry about my spelling

bogolove

No, not everyone should be able to own dogs and I don't mean just pits, I mean dogs in general, just like I think not everyone should be allowed to have children, but there is not really much they can do about that one, huh? It takes a responsible person to own a dog. I also think they need strict laws about breeding dogs so that there is not slew of backyard breeders which would mean hopefully the end of pet stores and not as many animals in the pound and not as many animals getting euthanized. You can do searches at the top of the page on this topic, because we have talked about it many many times.

I think only responsable people should be able to own any animal in general!!!!I think the reason pits have such a mean reputation is because most people raise them too fight other pits!!!

Actually, Taylor, fighting Pits are the minority. They just get all the press. No one wants to write about the smoochy family pet; the rare case of dog violence is what gets the headline.

Has anyone ever stopped to consider the percentage of humans who commit violent acts vs. the percentage of dogs who bite?

ohmai

Definately not everyone can should raise pitbulls if their intentions aren't good. Some people raise them because they love pitbulls, others raise them just as guard dogs. I've read and seen on the news, alot of pitbull attacks. But my cousin and I both have owned pitbulls and their as sweet as chocolate. So it's really how the dog is brought up.

Richie12345

yeah, it's true. I read about the dogs, they just want to please their owners.

Richie12345

"Temperament
By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only!" -dogbreedinfo.com

http://dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

So the next time you hear someone talk bad about the pitbull, show him/her this.

GSDFan05

I work for a vet and we almost NEVER have to use a muzzle on pit-bulls. They can be dog aggressive as a result of irresponsible breeding, but I have read that those same breeding goals have resulted in bite INHIBITION when it comes to humans, so fighting ring people could handle the dogs while their adrenaline was still pumping from fights.

My Pit mix was great at the vets, except one time. This was back about 15 years ago, and the vet was giving Gus one of the vaccines that was dripped into the nose. He had just had an unpleasant time with the Vet expressing an infected Anal gland and it must have hurt a lot, as Gus grunted several times as it was done.

I had Gus in a headlock and he growled as the vet started to drip it. "Hold him" he says, like it's an easy thing to do! He had to stop the drip and then he started again, and Gus went "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" loudly. Something he almost never did. Finally, as the vet finished, he was pretty panicky, and growled a third time. The vet took a step back, and I let go, and BLAM, he attempted to remove the vet's face! He lunged at him and actually jumped off the table, snapped his jaw shut like it was some sort of machine, and ended up on the floor. The vet had just started to back up as Gus made his move, and that's what saved him. He shook his head and said over and over, "Whew!! I could feel his lips and teeth on my face! Wow!!" The receptionist (his girlfriend) came into the room, and saw how shook up he was, and says, "What's the matter?" He says "Gus tried to take me out!" She couldn't beleive it, "Gus??" He says, "I pushed him too far, and he went for me, it's my fault, I ignored the growls". That was Gus's one and only actual attack, ever. The vet and he got along fine after that, but the vet's son told me there were several dogs his dad really "respected", and Gus was one of them.

Members online

No members online now.