How much do you spend on food?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My problem is I buy lunch every day. Grrr. Need to stop that.

I'm trying to cook good healthy food though and it's not going that well at all cost-wise. It's still friggin expensive but maybe I'm just doing it all wrong.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Better than I have been! My downfall is that I LOVE to cook, but I can get by so much cheaper by eating just blander foods. But I love to cook yummy dishes and that gets expensive!

SpringerLover

I uhh, am not good at shopping for food. Yesterday's trip may have been the best in a while though, as I actually bought things I'll eat that are decently healthy. I hadn't gone grocery shopping in over 3 weeks.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Wow. We spend about half of the "thrifty" plan a month for both of us.

And we grocery shop about once a week. Sometimes twice. But DH will go after work, so we're not wasting gas to JUST go to the grocery store. He does all the shopping, and we buy almost nothing name brand.

We eat out maybe twice a month. Maybe just once a month some months.

However, I don't eat a lot. Like, I really eat far less than I probably should, but I do eat until I'm full. But I probably eat one large (for me) meal a day, which is probably 1/3 of the size of DHs meal, and then I'll have a snack later on in the evening.

I don't eat breakfast because it kills my stomach to eat after waking up. My one splurge is on Cokes. But those come out of "my" pocket, and not the household budget.

JacksonsMom

I spend wayyyy too much on food. I just happen to get cravings like almost every day. lol. It's usually Chipotle and Subway each once a week, they're my current faves. We go out to dinner quite a bit too. Bad bad. We could save so much money.

We've actually started having a good portion of our foods delivered, and total cost for that is about 200 / month, whatever else we need (spices, etc) come from the grocery store and the limit for that is no more than $25 a week. We get Royal Crest Dairy delivered (Milk, cheese, eggs, water, yogurt and some other things) and our meat from Town & Country foods. NOT going to the grocery store and buying ALL the things actually makes quite a difference. If I could just drop the delivery fees we'd be golden. ;)
We eat out about once or twice a month, not counting lunches.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
That link makes me feel better, lol. I'd like to get us down to a little less than the "thrifty", though.

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
Just like everyone else, WAY TOO MUCH! On average I spend $250 a week at the grocery store and that feeds 4 of us. That feeds me 3 meals a day since I take leftovers. I try to only eat out lunch once a week and I often do that on the weekend with the kids. We rarely eat out for dinner bc it is just too expensive. My husband takes breakfast and eats dinner with us, and just depending on what we had, often takes leftovers for lunch as well. The kids eat breakfast and dinner and snacks every week plus lunch on the weekends.

That bill though also includes household items, toiletries, beer, wine, batteries, detergent, etc etc etc.....I shop once a week and am a one stop shop person so that is just my weekly grocery bill but by all means is not JUST food.

This Summer with my stepdaughter here the bill each week was higher. I am working though now on cutting back on the excess leftovers and buying frozen veggies where it's appropriate. I do menu plan too from Sunday - Thursday each week and make a list and stick to it pretty closely.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My handy dandy online budget thing says I average around $210 a month for groceries (and random household things). Which sounds about right. I'm spending less now that I'm just buying food for me, but Mike bought groceries, too, so I think it evens out even though he's not here now.

Michiyo-Fir

It's terrible how much I spend on food and I've been meaning to cut back by a lot to save some money!

I used to spend about 400 a month on myself not including the occasional fancy night out or something. The reason being at work we don't have a fridge so it's hard to bring a lot of kinds of food because I'm afraid it'll go back but anything at the food court in this mall is around 8-10 dollars.. Same thing with the days I go to school...

Now that I'm bringing food and eating at the food court only occasionally, I'm down to probably 200-300 a month to feed myself.

DJEtzel

I go to the bar 3-5x a week and buy food probably 75% of the time. I go out to eat probably a few more times a week not at the bar. I rarely do fast food.

I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks or so and spend about $100 including other household things.

This feeds me. This is also why I'm poor.

Though new guy does spend a crap ton on us... We went out to eat 6 times I think in a four day span this week. Thankfully I didn't pay for that. He's a little insane.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
£70 a week would be very easy for an average shop. It's very expensive here, no competition.

Members online

No members online now.