The Good, the Bad, the Question, and The Puppy

Well, I have both good and bad news about Fawn, my newest foster puppy. She is 12 weeks and a sheltie mix. She was found a week ago in a ditch, starving and terrified.

The Good: In just a few days, Fawn has gained a pound and a half and doesn't run away and hide from people any more. She's getting friendlier by the day and is quite a fun little girl.

The Bad: Fawn has very damaged vision. The vet thinks that she might have puppy cataracts, but can't make a definite diagnosis. She can see shapes and movement, but not much else. Our vet wants her to be seen by an opthamologist, but the shelter is very cash strapped right now, so we have to wait a bit to try and raise the money.

The Question: What are the best resources for raising/helping a nearly blind pup? Her socializing has already been damaged by her being a stray, so I need to get her off to the best late start I can.

What else? Oh, of course! The Puppy!

CaliTerp07

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

That is the cutest puppy ever. I don't have an answer for fundraising efforts, but I just want to snuggle that little fluffball!

Members online