Potty training, gone so wrong.

layley

Hey! I'm new and have never posted here before, but I am having a terrible time with potty training and I need some help.
To begin with, my name is Haley and I have a mini dapple daschund named Luxy. She will be 2 on may 28th. So she should be super potty trained by now, but this is my fault.:eek:
When I first got her, I lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex and it was such a hassle to take her down to potty every hour, so I just cleaned up after her and never thought twice. When we moved, we had a doggy door, so she would go outside sometimes, inside sometimes but I'd clean up right after her.
Well we recently got on our feet with money better and are in a really fancy apartment (up 3 flights of stairs again, but this time with an elavator ;) )
But she CAN NOT potty on these floor no matter how much cleaning up behind her I do.. and my fiance said if he comes home (he works 3 weeks on 3 weeks off) and she has pottied on the floor we're going to have to look into something else (and Luxy is my baby, she ain't going no where!)
So I decided to go with crate training, bc it seemed the easiest route. And she has done very well! In the mornings as soon as we get outside, she will pee about 3 times! but here's where the problem kicks in...
Even after she pees outside, mulitiple times.. and I think she can't pee anymore, we come inside.. and she will tinkle a little spot on the carpet. I know she doesn't still have to pee! I think she is doing it bc she LIKES to pee on the carpet.. or she's marking her territory, idk.. but it has to stop! I would feel bad getting onto her bc she never kenw any better and it was my fault, how can I make it stop?! :( Thank you!

DogMinded

Hey! I'm new and have never posted here before, but I am having a terrible time with potty training and I need some help.
To begin with, my name is Haley and I have a mini dapple daschund named Luxy. She will be 2 on may 28th. So she should be super potty trained by now, but this is my fault.:eek:
When I first got her, I lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex and it was such a hassle to take her down to potty every hour, so I just cleaned up after her and never thought twice. When we moved, we had a doggy door, so she would go outside sometimes, inside sometimes but I'd clean up right after her.
Well we recently got on our feet with money better and are in a really fancy apartment (up 3 flights of stairs again, but this time with an elavator ;) )
But she CAN NOT potty on these floor no matter how much cleaning up behind her I do.. and my fiance said if he comes home (he works 3 weeks on 3 weeks off) and she has pottied on the floor we're going to have to look into something else (and Luxy is my baby, she ain't going no where!)
So I decided to go with crate training, bc it seemed the easiest route. And she has done very well! In the mornings as soon as we get outside, she will pee about 3 times! but here's where the problem kicks in...
Even after she pees outside, mulitiple times.. and I think she can't pee anymore, we come inside.. and she will tinkle a little spot on the carpet. I know she doesn't still have to pee! I think she is doing it bc she LIKES to pee on the carpet.. or she's marking her territory, idk.. but it has to stop! I would feel bad getting onto her bc she never kenw any better and it was my fault, how can I make it stop?! :( Thank you!
I would bring her back in and put her in her kennel for a few minutes. She seems to be getting into a habit of doing this so you have to break the pattern.

Members online

No members online now.