Spin-off: Your Favorite Lens

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
The other threads going inspired me :) I have this lens(AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED from Nikon) which has done really well for me. I photograph a lot of horses, so that zoom definitely comes in handy. I find it's very versatile too - I can take racing pictures one day, and then the next help a friend out and take nice sales photos of her horse.

Anyways, Christmas is coming up and I'm considering asking for another lens. I do a lot of sports photography, so I'm considering a 300mm, but I've been asked to do some portraits before so I'm even considering giving up some zoom and going for a macro lens.

I'm not a professional though, so I'm interested in seeing what's out there and what you have on your camera. So please, share! What's your favorite lens? What's your go-to lens? Have you regretted buying any?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
My day job is a wedding and portrait photographer. For Wedding work I prefer my 28-300 and my 24-70 or 24-105. We use a fixed 300 for shots like this

We use the 28-300 for shots like this

We use the 100 for shots like this (don't mind the dirt these images are all completed unedited and we desperately need to send our cameras in)

We use the 24-70/24-105 for shots like this

And lastly we use the 50 for shots like this

At home however, funny enough, I only own 3 lenses, a d40 and an old external flash.
I would like a 24-70 for home use but for now my favorite of my 3 is my 18-55, it is far more versatile than my 50 or my 28-65 wide.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt it's my 43mm lens. It's my oldest, most used piece of kit. As a result, I've got a familiarity with that lens that I'm still developing with my other lenses.

Having said that, my 15mm has become a close second.

The only time I don't use these lenses is if I need the weather-sealing of my zooms or in very rare instances, the extra reach my zooms offer.

43mm lens:

15mm lens

Last edited:

InLimbo87

My favorite has got to be my 35mm. It's "normal" fov on my dx sensor and I really like the color rendition and sharpness.

Tucker likes it too!

Michiyo-Fir

I use my 50 mm f1.4 the most probably. I love the bokeh and sharpness of it. Plus it focuses really fast and works well indoors

Members online

No members online now.