I need some advice on this photo

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm doing a series of senior photo shoots right now. This one I really like, but there are a few things I'd like to change to spice it up. First off. I wish her face was turned slightly more into the light so that her other eye wasn't so shadowed. But as far as things I can actually fix in photoshop... I want to work on the side of her face that is in the light... the light is so hard and I want to soften it up a bit and not have her look washed out. Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

I apologize if this photo shows up big on some people's computer

If you want to view the large size image click this link and click download large size. If you want the complete full size image just let me know and I can email it to you if you want to look at it even bigger.
Flickr Photo Download: dancer

also should I clone out that wiry looking thing that diagonals the left top side of the photo? I don't know what it is and can't remember seeing it when I was framing the image. My guess is maybe a twig or small branch from one of the trees at the creek?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Love it, but agree her shadow side blends into the background too much.

Needs to pop out more.

Somehow.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I might have a copy of it on my computer that doesn't have the background QUITE so dark... Andrew do you want me to email you that version as well?

Thanks guys!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
You need more light. I'd suggest some type of portable light that will light up your subjet, but not the whole area like a flash would.

I would recommend something called a Digital Calibration Target. It will get your white balance perfect for portriats like that. PhotoVision: Product List

I finished watching a DVD that a phographer that I work with loaned me and this thing is AWESOME. It'll be the next thing I purchase after a lens.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I would love to see her entire face in the light, other than that, the picture is beautiful. the soft lighting, and the scenery really is pretty

I love the movement the water is doing :)

Dekka

Just try me..

? Its just a quick job in light room and then touched up the eyes and shadow to show the fall of her hair in photo shop. The skin tone should be fixed.. but is this more what you are wanting?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I think that looks better. But I would -if I'm selling this picture to a customer- make sure her body is light evenly.

Also, her face needs to be more in focus.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I usually love the pictures you take- they are earthy and portray this great atmosphere. But for some reason, the girl just seems so...fake. To me, it seems as if she is saying "c'mon... just take the d*** picture!" But maybe that's how she wants her picture to be, then disregard me..lol!

Members online

No members online now.