UGH, 12 kitties abandoned at work...

12 very sweet, very shy, very sad kitties were dropped off to board "over the weekend" two weeks ago. I've come to the conclusion that they have been abandoned. I've tried contacting the owner, nothing, the phone line is disconnected. I've sent registered mail, no response. These kitties are so sad, so sweet....I CAN'T have more pets...yet three of these kitties have me pegged for a new home.......I wish there was a "scratching my head" smilie, because that's what I'm doing a lot of lately. Poor kitties. :(

Well, no one has replied, but I thought I'd update anyway since I noticed some have read the story...

The kitties are definitely abandoned....The owners were evicted from their home, left 7 cocker spaniels and an unspecified number of cats behind. Animal control seized the cockers and remaining live cat after neighbors called to complain of the stench. At least 8 cat carcasses were found in the home.

Which leads us to this. Now 12 abandoned cats need homes. Our kennel at top capacity can house 10 cats, plus our 3 resident kitties. Needless to say, we are in a bind here, and what do we do with 12 cats? We are approaching the busy season, so hanging on to 12 cats doesn't seem feasible.

I'm just so sick with disgust I don't know what to do. These cats, for the most part, are the most gentle, lovable, eager, trusting souls you could ever know. My heart breaks when I think of what will happen to them....and legally, if the "owner" came in tomorrow, we don't have a legal leg to stand on. We'd have to release these 12 cats to him knowing they'd die at his hands too.

I"m so heartbroken.

If you want to see a photo of my favorite (Flower), you can visit
www.freewebs.com/spotsville

follow the link in the nav-bar
"Flower and her 11 pals"

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Oh wow, that is just so sad. Some people are the biggest bunch of &^%$*# that I can think of. How COULD they?

I hope with all my heart that you find loving furever homes for these poor babies. And I thank you for taking care of them all.

Sadly, these people will probably never be caught, but will no doubt do the same thing all over again where they end up at next.

It makes me sick that such thoughtless, selfish, despicable people rule the fate of so many helpless souls.

Members online

No members online now.