Chase turned 3!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
My boy turned 3 today. I didn't do anything special for him besides extra cuddles and a birthday kiss. Here are some photos of his adventures so far:

First pics when I first brought him home:

Some of him as he grew:

First snow:

First beach:

He is so handsome!

I know you have posted this before, but what kind of spaniel is he? The merle is throwing me off!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
His mom is a pure black springer spaniel and dad a brown and white parti cocker spaniel. Not sure where Merle came in, though there is Merle in cockers.

milos_mommy

His mom is a pure black springer spaniel and dad a brown and white parti cocker spaniel. Not sure where Merle came in, though there is Merle in cockers.
Interesting! (At least to me since I know little about coat genetics). Were any siblings Merle? Do you know about grandparents?

Also, sometimes isn't black coloring somehow affiliated with Merle?

Jenne

Ball Thrower
Thank you for the compliments.

Interesting! (At least to me since I know little about coat genetics). Were any siblings Merle? Do you know about grandparents?

Also, sometimes isn't black coloring somehow affiliated with Merle?
He has a sister who is a blue merle, and another sibling who was another brown merle in his litter. I think I read parti can obscure merle, his father had white spots on his nose, but I also remember something about black, too. I really don't know much about dog coat genetics. I did a little reading on it when Chase was a puppy, but it's too complicated for me, and I don't plan on ever breeding so it didn't really matter in the long run.

I don't know about grandparents, as I didn't know enough then to ask.

Members online

No members online now.