Health Help Sites Listings

Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread with links to sites and resources for people with dog health issues, whether they're support sites or links to assistance with paying, etc.

I'll start it here, and then after we get a good list started, probably move it to the Health section.

Karen's (JRTRattieMom) site she built after her JRT, Lucy, lost her sight:

Blind Dogs.net - Where dogs see with their heart!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Hi Renee :)

Thanks so much for sharing Lucy's blind dog resource web site here! In talking with blind dog owners over the past 5 1/2 years, I've learned that so many times (especially in older dogs) blindness is only one health issue the dog owner is facing. Many are dealing with other things such as diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease etc. One of the most helpful resources I've found that both informs & personally supports owners, plus cover a large number of different health issues is a group on Yahoo Groups called: CCAC (CanineCushings-AutoimmuneCare)
CanineCushings-AutoimmuneCare : Cushing's Syndrome | Autoimmune Disease

The CCAC Mission Statement:
CCAC is an international community of lay people and veterinarians interested in hyperadrenocorticism, canine Cushing's syndrome, steroid hormone aberrations and associated disorders (e.g. liver disease, pancreatitis, diabetes, IBD, kidney disease, UTI, bladder stones, incontinence, heart disease, hypertension, thromboembolism, hypothyroidism, myotonia, arthritis, osteoporosis, calcinosis cutis, SARDS, cancer, pituitary/adrenal tumors, seizures, Alopecia X, hyperestrinism, autoimmune polyglandular syndromes, iatrogenic hypoadrenocorticism/Addison's, Addisonian crisis).
We offer a wide range of educational resources, including the support and experiences of other pet owners, the expertise of veterinarians, a guest speaker program, tools to help you monitor your pet's health and a full-featured website. We value critical thinking and present current, factual and balanced information. Discussions focus on the etiology, signalment, clinical signs, laboratory findings, diagnosis, medical/surgical treatment options, cutting-edge therapies (e.g. Dermatonin implant, stereotactic radiation, hypophysectomy) and long-term management of Cushings (typical, atypical, iatrogenic) in dogs and cats.
Other topics include evidence- and science-based CAVM, the role of lifestyle, genetic and environmental risk factors, vaccination, therapeutic nutrition, homemade diets, physiology, physical therapy, financial aid and hospice care. Scientific papers, conference proceedings, journal articles and endocrine disease in other species are also discussed.

I hope this will be a helpful addition to your list of resources!

Mjjean

Friends of Animals will send a spay or neuter certificate for a very low cost if you are willing to use a participating vet. The costs are as follows:

Spay/Neuter Certificates and Certificate Cost
Female Cat Spay $65.00
Male Cat Neuter $51.00
Female Dog Spay $90.00
Male Dog Neuter $64.00

You send them the money, they send you the certificate. You then make the appointment with a participating vet in your area (they send a list by email) and done!

Last edited:

Woofwoof1

I'm a dog lover, and you?
Thanks for all the info, I have just finished writing a long post about all sort of sites that can be helpful when looking for quality information, just keep in mind that you need to consult your vet, he will always have the best answers for you.

I really do not know about this kind of information. I never heard this kind of information before this. Thanks a lot for sharing such useful information for my doge.....

Thanks for the info! I have a Red Siberian Husky that is completely blind, but she is still as happy as can be :)

tedmauro

You can find information about dogs treatment for many situations with the blog linked in my signature. I know that as a dog owner, knowledge is power and the more info we have on treating our dogs the better. Thanks to everyone for all of the great resources above.

P

PupDogTraining

This is something anyone can appreciate. Everyone wants a pet, however they need to know what to do when the their pets health and safety are threatened. Preventing health care problems before they arise
saves your dog unnecessary misery, and saves you money at the veterinarian. Thanks for the great share!

P

PupDogTraining

This is a great idea of having a list of links that can be helpful to dog owners...I want to share this link: pupdogtraining.com - PupDogTraining mainly offers tips on dog training, as well as dog food and how to buy a puppy.

Female Dog Spay $90.00
Male Dog Neuter $64.00

Why is it that spaying is more expensive than neutering? I think both procedures are equal in terms of labor.

Health

I try to educate people on taking care of their pet wholistic. My motto is to get your pet to thrive not just survive. I consider the whole pet: mind, body, and spirit. If anyone has any questions about how to feed their pet naturally or any other questions concerning pets I would be happy to answer. I have studied animal nutrition for over 20 yrs.

Renee Hawes
www.backtonaturefirst.org

thanks for sharing this this must be appreciated, may i post my blog link about puppy's health??? is it allow. do let me know

Thank you for listing useful website links for dog lovers. Let me also share one from my side - Pet Grooming Tips. This website contains some very helpful free articles regarding grooming dogs and cats at home

OMNIDOG

Because Your Dog Is Like No Other: PetSupportSuit
If you have a blind dog that needs guidance, or a dog with balance or mobility issues like arthritis, recovery from injury or surgery, or amputation, check out petsupportsuit.com to see the Get-a-Grip Harnesses and custom Pet Support Suits developed to help dogs overcome those kinds of challenges. petsupportsuit.com

Members online

No members online now.