I want to lose weight but I'm always hungry

milos_mommy

I don't crave foods... I'm just very hungry lol. But it does seem linked to my cycle... I don't know. It's just very annoying.
I know I eat probably about double what I usually do while I'm PMSing if I don't watch myself...it's so bad. I'll actually be hungry after dinner before bed, wake up in the night starving, and then be hungry for breakfast which I normally could care less about. So if anyone can offer advice on that situation, I'm all ears...

Fran27

I try and be good before bed, lol. I might have a light snack around 9pm but that's it... I've gone to bed hungry, but it's not as bad for me as during the day...

SoCrafty

This is an interesting thread. I've been having the same issues. I think that my issues though, are related to work. While the overall nature of my job is stressful, the every day tasks are boring. I constantly find that I am more hungry on the times I am bored. I also find that I am more hungry at certain points in my cycle.

Could this be something that is happening with you too? Have you tried to write down what you are thinking or feeling at the time you are hungry? And one thing that I learned (for me anyway) is that if I am craving something (like potato chips), I could mimic the salty, crunchy taste with peanut butter on celery or fat free popcorn but I will eat and eat and eat because its not the same and its not satisfying. But if I just take a handful or a serving size of what I really want, I feel satisfied and don't get as hungry or as quickly. Not the best thing to do, I am sure.

Dekka

Just try me..
I used to be constantly hungry. I could eat a huge meal and then be hungry not long after.

As soon as I cut carbs I am now full after a meal. So I would try lowering the carbs esp the ones (as already said) from grains and sugary fruit. Eat lots of veggies, meat/nuts and some fruit.

Barbara!

Posting here to watch how this develops, because this is true for me as well.

I can eat a GIANT meal and my stomach will be gurgling 15 minutes later. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I used to count my calories while I was running a few summers ago. I didn't loose inches, or weight, and was constantly starving. Upped the calories, lowered my calories. No dice.

Went keto last January, and could eat the same number of calories and be full and feel better. Needed way fewer carbs. Sadly fell off the wagon some months ago.. back on as of today.

Kilter

For me it was being sick and finding that a lot of foods made me feel crappy. Didn't know it was high blood pressure at the time, but just started eating really light - meats, veggies and fruit. Not much else for a few days, lots and lots of water and herbal tea, sometimes with Stevia (a natural sweetener that stablizes blood sugar).

Anyway just started eating less and cutting carbs and processed foods - no 'diet' snack items, but just healthy stuff. Now I can go almost all day and think 'crap, I haven't eaten yet and it's 4' then I have something healthy if I feel like it. I'm sure if someone looked at my diet they'd be horrified and say 'oh you have to eat more of this or that (grains are usually really low on my menu, not that I avoid them completely but if I'm not hungry or don't have a good option for one then I don't have it).

I have 'goal jeans' I work to fit into, wearing a pair now that were goal jeans a few months ago. Putting them on and not being able to do it right before a meal is a good motivator for me. I'm on my last pair of goal jeans now that are smaller than I remember ever wearing, not labeled as such but measuring wise (otherwise I'd never have bought them).

I did find though certain foods made me hungry shortly after I ate them, the meal replacement shakes were usually bad for that, as is cereal, grains and sugar...

Members online

No members online now.