Smkie's RULEZ

That one you told us about, turning what you're working on upside down so you have to look at the actual lines and shapes rather than what your eye puts together as the whole -- I use that so often now when I'm carving designs on tags and jewelry. That's how I got the monkey and the art nouveau style iris to come out right.

Just wanted you to know :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Not my idea, it's common practice, just really helps. Glad I was able to pass something that helps along. i am forever looking at the edges of things, negative space tells you where the positive is really suppose to be.

I remembered it was something you'd learned, but you passed it on -- which a lot of artists won't do. Without you I couldn't have done this properly <3

The signing fingers aren't exactly what I wanted, but in the space and working on the metal I was proud to get them that defined, lol! The message was the most important part there.

That, and carving it out to look like barbed wire crossing over itself without losing the integrity of the metal and having the whole design crumble was a BEEYATCH.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Well you did a **** fine job of it. Everyone is saying it looks so much better in person than it does in pictures and I thought it looked pretty good in the pictures!

I'm glad, Zoomer. :) Sawyer's a special one. I'd fiddled with so many designs for him but none of them were right and then you wrote about him getting to do some wrangling and it all clicked.

I was frustrated trying to take photos of it!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I missed this tip the first time around. Glad I read it now, because I could really use it as I get back into my drawing.

Also, that monkey is AWESOME!

Thanks, Max :) It's on a flashy pitbull rescue boy named Baylor whose nickname is "Monkey."

I used the same concept to be able to do an art nouveau style iris (her birthmonth flower) for a lovely Dane grrrl who is tired of being called a boy just because she's big, lol.

I NEVER could have done it without that little trick!

Members online

No members online now.