Multiple Dog Owners Again...

Juicy

How many dogs do you have?

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what?

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?

Did you plan to get this many?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How many dogs do you have? 3, now I have four in my house although, and sometimes I have 6 in my house if my sister's two shih tzus come over

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes, 3 cockatiels & 2 parakeets

all in my room

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) didi has her own bed, but now she's been sleeping with me, pepe & princess also sleep with me, and prince$$ (new dog) sleeps in her crate.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) free-feeders, and once a day i feed them wet food separately on paper plates

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? no not now, but one day I'll like to have a bull terrier and that'll be it.

Did you plan to get this many? no, i would of been fine with just two dogs, but the princesses needed homes. all dogs were in need of a home, didi & the princesses were owner surrenders, and pepe was from the hs of whom we got after a dog we found on the street died.

OhMyDog

Alpha Sheltie
How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? I had 5 Cockatiels at one point but Noah, Allie and Ozzy passed. Two were fosters that found homes. Also had 40 Bettas and two spawns as well, but eventually stopped breeding and found homes for the babies. Now it's just two bettas.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) They get the entire house except for my bedroom.. Keeva has this thing about jumping in mud then rolling around on the white duvet. :lol-sign:

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) They're allowed to sleep anywhere (except for my room right now because Keeva's in heat). Kai usually sleeps in his crate in the (basement) living room. Kaedyn likes the dog bed in the (basement) living room. Keeva is usually in the upstairs living room on the recliner or couch.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They all get fed twice a day from seperate bowls. They all eat in the kitchen.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Absolutely, though not too soon. Alan wants to adopt a Lab once we find a place. I was hoping to get my show Sheltie next year, although that might change to another Belgian (haven't decided if I want Terv, Groen or Mal though). Once we have a downpayment for a house, and aren't renting anymore, I would like a Papillon, and a couple more Shelties and Belgians to show.

Did you plan to get this many? Not originally. It went from one to two after I saw Kaedyn at the pound. Then I learned that I "needed" an untrained dog for a course I wanted to take.. which turned into three. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
How many dogs do you have? 2 of my own and 1 family dog (that I care for 99% of the time)

A cat and a chinchilla

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) They have free run of the house with the exception of my little sister's room which has a baby gate across it to keep them out, but they're usually in whatever room I'm in.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Izzy and Frodo sleep in their crates, Izzy because she wants too and Frodo because he terrorizes my chinchilla at night if he isn't. Mollie sleeps wherever she wants, usually either with me or in the bathtub :rolleyes:

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Raw in the morning and kibble in the afternoon. On their own towels/bowls.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? No. I'll probably only have one, possibly two after my guys are gone.

No, it was supposed to be Mollie and then I was going to get a puppy and ended up bringing both Izzy and Frodo home.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
How many dogs do you have? 3 Jack, Chyna and Dreyfuss

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? no

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) All three dogs have free run of hte basement, which is finished. It is also where my husband, Dale and I are living since it is my parents house. The only thing it doesn't have is a kitchen.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Jack sleeps in his crate which is in our bedroom. I don't trust him out at night. Chyna and Dreyfuss sleep with us.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) All three dogs get fed twice per day in the living room. They each have their own bowl.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Possibly. I want to get another English Setter to show in the future. I don't how soon that will be though.

Did you plan to get this many? No. Jack wasn't really planned. I had started out fostering/baby-sitting him for his breeder, who is a good friend of mine. And I fell in love with him and told her he wasn't leaving. Chyna and Dreyfuss were planned. Dreyfuss more so than Chyna though.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
four. 2 corgis, 2 malinois

no

right now, my room, but they spend more time out in the yard and at parks than at home.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)
all in the same room, the mals usually are on the bed, the corgis are sometimes on the bed, sometimes crated, depending on whether or not they are getting along with the mals.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)
they get fed twice a day, in their crates.

probably, but not yet.

yes and no. most of them have been planned well in advance, as i would spend the better part of a year looking for a place to get one, and then however long i had to wait for the breeding of my choice. but i never had it planned as in "I will have four dogs."

milos_mommy

-two

-yes. two chinchillas, a hamster, two corn snakes, a bearded dragon, a cat, and fish

-my dogs pretty much have free reign of the house. however, they fight, so they're seperated. we have a full basement, and Benji's a lazy bones, so he's often downstairs with my brother. Milo takes naps two or three times a day in his crate or the bedroom, while Benji gets to run around.

- again, they don't get along. Milo sleeps in my room, Benji sleeps with my brother. Even if they did get along, they'd sleep in seperate places.

- they both eat at the same time, in seperate areas

- maybe. Milo's DA. if that ever gets fixed, or in many years, yes.

- yes.

Toller_08

Three.

Some fish and two Fire-Bellied Toads.

Everywhere and anywhere that the family is. When we're not home, two are crated (Dance & Morgan), and one is left gated in the living room (Winston).

Winston and Morgan in my mom's room, Dance in my room (she's sometimes crated, sometimes on my bed).

Different bowls, same times, different areas of the kitchen.

Yes, one more, and then no more until one of the current dogs is gone. We'll never, ever have more than 4.

Sort of, but not really. Morgan was kind of unplanned.

Last edited:

shazbot

not so newby
How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? no other pets

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) 2 stay in crates during the day, they get destructive when I'm not home, 1 is penned in the living room where the other 2 are crated.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) They all sleep with me in bed, they do have their own beds through out the house, including the bedroom, but prefer to snuggle with me.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They each have their own bowls about 5ft away from each other, neither eats out of the others bowl even if there is food left over.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Not unless I get a bigger place and start making more money.

Did you plan to get this many? No, I only wanted 2, then my mom passed and I took the GSD instead of rehoming her. I just couldn't give her up.

ACooper

How many dogs do you have? 2

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? No, unless you count kids ;)

Where are your dogs beinging kept? When we are out of the house they stay in the back room with a baby gate where the exercise equipment is, it has their dog dishes, beds, and a single crate. So it is basically called the dog's room. When we are home they are wherever they want to be in the house, no restrictions

How's the sleeping arrangement? Orson used to sleep in our bed, but since we got the new one he sleeps in his own bed in our room........Phoebe sleeps where ever she feels like at the moment.

How's the feeding arrangement? They each have their own bowls, Orson's are raised and Phoebe's aren't. They both eat at the same time twice a day, morning and evening.
Do you see yourself with more than you have now? I do see myself with one more.

Did you plan to get this many? I don't think we sat down and planned it out. Phoebe was sort of planned in the abstract, and Orson was just plopped into our lives :)

adojrts

How many dogs do you have? 5 jrts

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? No, not in the house, 2 horses

Where are your dogs beinging kept? All crated when we are not at home, free access to all of the house.

ated.How's the sleeping arrangement? 3 sleep with us, 1 with our son, pup is crated at night but will end up in which ever bed she chooses when older.

How's the feeding arrangement? Feed twice a day, in the kitchen side by side in the our bowls.

Did you plan to get this many? No not in the beginning, but became a breeder.

Saintgirl

Yes, 2 cats

Our home is their home! They can go where they like.

They all sleep in the bedroom with us. The Saint and HuskyX sleep on their beds and the Beagle sleeps in his crate.

They all have their own bowls and they all eat in the same room, luckily food aggression is not a problem.

Yes, Another Saint!

We didn't sit down and say x amount of dogs, but we knew that we both loved dogs and wanted a house full!

Jynx

4 - 2GSDs / 2 Aussies

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Yes,,5 cats, 1tiel, fish

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) free reign of the house

2 GSd's / 1 Aussie sleep with me,, male aussie sleeps w/hubby

different bowls, 3 in kitchen loose, 1 in crate

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? no

Did you plan to get this many? sort of,,2 dogs were rescues,,all cats were rescued..
I failed @ fostering :)))

How many dogs do you have? 2 puppies

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes 4 red eared sliders, 4 goldfish, 2 african dwarf frogs,

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) LMBO.. they get the whole darn house.. and the back/front yard..

How's the sleeping arrangement? they mainly sleep wherever we do, on monday night football night we ALL sleep in the living room, but, they do sleep anywhere they want.

How's the feeding arrangement? we have 2 water bowls and 2 food bowls inside, and when it is playtime outside we have 1 water bowl, they share now.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? for dogs, not right now, but, we hope to be adding 2 hamsters and some more reptiles, but, that is my wish list, so we will have to see.

Did you plan to get this many? orignally we wanted to only have 1 pup, however after we had Thunder for a few weeks, we noticed it was best to get him a playmate, then along came Cinni, ( hubby's choice).. now, we have a housefull and LOVE each and everyone of them.

houndlove

coonhound crazy
Two.

Yes, two cats.

Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)
When no one is home? Conrad has a crate and Marlowe has his own room.

They sleep wherever they land. Their preferred spots are on the couch in the living room for Marlowe, and Conrad either sleeps on his bed in our bedroom or also in the living room on the chair.

They each have their own bowls and we have set feeding times where they eat side-by-side (unless they are getting something special like raw and then they each go to a separate area--we don't want any bloodshed!)

Nope. I think in the (hopefully far) future I'll probably just have one dog and foster instead of having two. Cats, well, I think right now we're good with two but I could probably have more.

Yeah, I guess so.

Brattina88

How many dogs? 3 (but only 2 are mine)

other pets as well? If Yes, what? parents have 8 parakeets, 2 cats: one DSH and one Maine Coon

Where are your dogs beinging kept? they get free roam of the house

How's the sleeping arrangement? They are aloud to sleep where they want. Maddie always sleeps on my bed. Missy does, sometimes. Other times she sleeps on the floor next to a bed. Usually mine, but not always.

How's the feeding arrangement? Different bowls, once or twice a day depending on what I'm feeding (I usually feed raw once a day). Usually around 7:30am

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Me personally? Doubt it. But I do see another dog in the household in the future. Its out of my hands :p

Did you plan to get this many? When I got Maddie did I think I'd have two? No. But I did intentionally look for a GSD, and found Missy :)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
-Three

-Two cats

Where are your dogs being kept?
-They aren't 'kept' anywhere- they go wherever they'd like to. When we leave for an extended period of time, however, Buddy and Bella are usually crated. Banzai has full reign of the house at all times.

How's the sleeping arrangement?
-Buddy and Bella usually sleep on the bed, Banzai has a bean bag that he likes to sleep on

How's the feeding arrangement?

-Bella has her own elevated food dish, Buddy and Banzai share one. All are getting their own for Christmas, though.

-Yup :p

- It's not a plan, it just happens...I firmly believe that our dogs came to us because they needed us and we needed them.. I assume any other dogs to pitch a tent in our hearts will arrive very much the same way. :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Two.
Yes, two cats.
Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)
They aren't "kept" anywhere, really. If I'm in my room, they usually follow me there, if I'm out in the living room, kitchen, etc. they'll go there, too. Lucy is crated when we leave.
Both of the dogs sleep in my room. Lucy is sometimes in a crate and sometimes not. If she's not, like lately, she sleeps in my bed with me. Millie sleeps in her bed that's leaned up against mine.
For meal times they each have their own bowls in the kitchen across from each other.
If finances permit, yes. My mom has only agreed to one other, though.
I didn't plan on a certain number, they've each come into our lives as I believe was meant to be. :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
How many dogs do you have? 2

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? 1 cat; used to have rats as well

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) They go wherever they want, except at night they sleep in my room.

Same room

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Same bowls, free-fed.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? I don't think I could handle more than 3.

Did you plan to get this many? I always wanted more than 1 dog but I didn't think my parents ever would... it just kind of happened to end up this way.

RD

Are you dead yet?
How many dogs do you have? 3.. ah hell I'll say 5 for the heck of it, because Patches and Elway are as good as mine.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Yes, a cat named RJ

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) They have access to most of the house. Dakota is left with free access when we're gone, Eve goes everywhere I do, and Dash is crated in my mom's room when we can't be watching her. Patches and Elway stay outside when it's comfortable for them to do so, otherwise they're in the A/C garage or my bedroom.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Eve sleeps with me, Dakota sleeps wherever he wants (usually by my door or in a bathtub) and Dash sleeps in her crate. Patches sleeps wherever she wants (usually outside in one of the many holes she's dug) and Elway sleeps on a bed in the garage, or with me and Eve.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) The BCs are fed twice a day, Patches and Elway once a day. Dakota eats in the laundry room, Dash in the kitchen and Eve in her crate. Patches and Elway eat in their bowls in the garage.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Right now? NO. When Eve and I move out, or if we move to Mexico, then yes.

Did you plan to get this many? Not really. I planned Eve and Dakota, my dad planned Dash, and I didn't ask for Patches and Elway to have asshole owners who don't take care of them.

Rosefern

How many dogs do you have? Two that are mine. Currently, one foster dog. But fosters normally range anywheres from one to five dogs.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Yes, one cat.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) When I'm not home, the fosters are crated in the "dog room"...Flicka and Pepe are free-roaming...When I'm home, everyone is free-roaming, unless they're new, and then they're attached to me.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Flicka and Pepe either sleep on my bed, on their beds, in their crates, wherever they d*mn well feel like it. Fosters are crated in the "dog room".

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Everyone is fed twice a day, in their crates.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Umm...not really...I grew up breeding and showing, so we always had a fair few around. And then between moving out of my dad's, and starting with the rescue, I didn't have a lot of animals. But I think I always knew there would be more!

Did you plan to get this many? Umm...I kinda fell into the rescue thing...but if I hadn't, I probably would have ended up showing/breeding - and then I would have had a housefull too!

Members online

No members online now.