Quick brag on my boy :)

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
My boy Pentti passed his Therapy Dogs International test last night! This was a HUGE accomplishment for him, as he has had a rough go at things in his short life thus far (taken to a shelter when he was a year old by his "family" because he was "untrainable," luckily reunited with his breeder then shown to his CH some points for his GCH before an attack by another dog outside of the ring left him scared of that environment and people touching his face/checking his bite, and then he came to me as a resource guarder with the touching issues). But he's obviously here to stay with me, and he's come to like all people loving on him alllll over. The vet's office is one of his favorite places to visit hahaha. He's such a good dog, and wonderful breed ambassador.

Here's a pic with the ribbon our club gave us. We still have to get all of the paperwork filled/sent out before he is "official."

I'm hoping to get him involved with children's hospitals in the area as well as some child advocacy groups. I think that he would like that kind of work best :D

MicksMom

Congratulations! I had so much fun doing therapy visits to a special needs class with our last dog.

OT- you're a member of Princeton Dog Training Club? Are you going to be at the trial in January? I've had it in the back of my head to enter for awhile. We went a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it. Even with the elbow to elbow crowd and NQing.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Congrats pentti!!! I don't think I ever realized how little they are! He's so CUTE!

spiffy

Great job indeed! Congratulations to you both of you. Rough life is over Pentti...be ready to face the GOOD LIFE. ;)

Finkie_Mom

Thank you all so much!! We've been working for this for about a year, and I was excited when my club announced that they would be holding the testing. He got his CGC with no real issues in August of 2011, but we just had some things to work on before the added testing stuff (mainly making sure he is completely stable around all other dogs, proofing stays a bit more, and getting him used to more and more people checking him over/distractions with kids, as he LOVES kids LOL).

OT- you're a member of Princeton Dog Training Club? Are you going to be at the trial in January? I've had it in the back of my head to enter for awhile. We went a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it. Even with the elbow to elbow crowd and NQing.
Yes! I'm a member of PDTC. Are you??? I'm thinking of entering, but I'm not sure yet LOL. I guess I have to figure that out soon! I'm going to start up Rally classes with Kimma next week, and see if they think she's ready for her RA. That, or if she's OK in the new class environment (she's never actually been to this building and we've never had a real obedience class - I trained the RN stuff myself), I might try for her BN if it's offered. Will you be entering/going?

Congrats pentti!!! I don't think I ever realized how little they are! He's so CUTE!
Hahaha they are small! Much smaller than a lot of people think. Kimma, for example, only weighs 20lbs, Bubbles is 23lbs, and Pen is only 25lbs (though he is small for a male). I love their size, personally. Easy to travel with :D

MicksMom

...Yes! I'm a member of PDTC. Are you???...
No. I'm already out 3 nights a week as it is for volleyball, Nosework and Rally Run Thrus. If I remember correctly, the meetings are about an hour away from me- a little too far for my liking.

... I'm thinking of entering, but I'm not sure yet LOL. I guess I have to figure that out soon!...
Yeah- as you know, there is limited spaces.

... That, or if she's OK in the new class environment (she's never actually been to this building and we've never had a real obedience class - I trained the RN stuff myself), I might try for her BN if it's offered...
BN is offered. :) So is GN and GO. I'm tossing around entering both RA and BN (Caleb already has one BN leg).

...Will you be entering/going?!...
I was all set to send in my entry last month, but ever since Sandy hit, our lives have been in an upheaval, and I keep forgetting. I'd better bite the bullet and do it soon, tho!

Finkie_Mom

Thanks, guys :D

No. I'm already out 3 nights a week as it is for volleyball, Nosework and Rally Run Thrus. If I remember correctly, the meetings are about an hour away from me- a little too far for my liking.

Yeah- as you know, there is limited spaces.

BN is offered. :) So is GN and GO. I'm tossing around entering both RA and BN (Caleb already has one BN leg).

I was all set to send in my entry last month, but ever since Sandy hit, our lives have been in an upheaval, and I keep forgetting. I'd better bite the bullet and do it soon, tho!
Yeah, it takes me about 40 minutes to get to the firehouse for obedience, and 30 to get to the barn for agility. They are one of the closest clubs I've found, and I had gone to another that was even closer and was not impressed.

I will figure it out for sure when I see how she does in the new environment at class Tuesday before I enter her for January. I would rather do BN than RA, but I will see what the trainer says (she knows me already, as she had Pentti in one of her classes, and I know she will give me good feedback).

MicksMom

...Yeah, it takes me about 40 minutes to get to the firehouse for obedience, and 30 to get to the barn for agility...).
I'm 30 minutes from Top Dog. Where we're staying until our house gets fixed is a few minutes closer.

...I will figure it out for sure when I see how she does in the new environment at class Tuesday before I enter her for January. I would rather do BN than RA, but I will see what the trainer says (she knows me already, as she had Pentti in one of her classes, and I know she will give me good feedback).
Would you be A or B? Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up in the same class(es)? The judge doung BNB is nice. She judged our first RA trial- where Stink Pot took off and buzzed the entire ring after the jump.

Finkie_Mom

Just wanted to update this! We just got the certification stuff in the mail, so of course, I had to get some pics :)

Pen with his new collar and tag, bandana, and ID card:

A better pic of the tag:

Smug dog:

Now I just have to start contacting places and get working! I'm so excited - he's going to love it <3

Members online

No members online now.