At my wits end with this dog!

Barbara!

Positive for both Giardia and hookworms. We're getting it taken care of. In the meantime, we will still be working on all training and the xpen.

Barbara!

Yes, thank God the vet didn't charge me for all the tests. They all came out negative.

Barbara!

Malyk (My RR) eats what he is supposed to according to the bag and Baloo only eats a half cup more than suggested on the bag. Chevelle my APBT is the only one that really eats more than she should. (Although by her activity level, I'm not surprised by how much she eats.)

jenv101

Bite Club
Wow so glad you got some answers, that must have been so frustrating. I hope he feels better soon and you can fix the crate issues!

Corey101

He may not look stressed about being in his crate while you are around and he may go in on his own, but when he is closed in his crate and you are not around it may be a different story. A lot of dogs get very anxious when closed into a small space and they completely lose their mind!

Red Chrome

I'm surprised the other dogs don't have hookworms or giardia as well. Especially if they share a water bowl or play with each other etc.

Teal

...ice road...
I would *almost* bet your other dogs have Giardia, and just weren't emitting it in the fecal you sent in for testing. When I had a dog who tested positive, my vet get me enough stuff to treat everyone because it DOES spread so easily.

Hope treating for the issues solves everything for the poor pup!

Barbara!

I'll call when they open and ask to treat the others, too, then. I know it can be super contagious...I had my cats all break out with it once and that was total hell.

LauraLeigh

I went through it with a pup from a breeder when I was still breeding, we treated the whole house too, I forgot to mention that... Even the affected pup passed her first fecal, they caught it on the second

Members online

No members online now.