Buster & Billy

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
hi ya everyone....
we've got 2 german shepherds....Buster & Billy.
Buster is 7 years old but he acts just like a young dog bounding about, playing etc.
Billy is our pup, he'll be 10weeks old tomorrow and what a little devil he is.
He likes to bite everything, chase the kids, torment buster and run off with things he's not meant to have :eek: .
We are teaching him what he can & can't bite, what he can do & can't do also where he can go & where he can't.
I'd forgotton what it was like to have a puppy...talk about hardwork.
Here's a couple of photos of him and buster

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He looks like he is full of mischief..but he is absolutely beautiful too..congrates..i love both your pups!

S

Stanna

They are beautiful, sazel :)

My gsd's are close in age to yours. 8 years on one, and 6 months on the other.

Renee, i'll post some puppy pics for you if you post some of yours! I love filas. I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. Never see enough of them.

S

Stanna

Oh and yeah, puppies sure are a handfull.

My little one's face just screams trouble. He's learning how to earn cutie pie points though, finally.

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
Thanks for your comments guys :)
Well billy is 11 weeks old today, he had his 1st injection when he was 9 weeks old and will have his last when he is 12 weeks old.
We then have to wait 2 more weeks before we can take him out for walks.....Roll on when we can.
He has so much pent up energy sometimes he chases the kids etc etc.
His ears are up all the time now, he looks soooo cute.
I call him a sargents dog coz he seems to have that kind of stance lol.
I gave him a bath this week, he wasn't too keen but he'll get used to having baths.
here's a couple of new pic's of billy & buster

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
You have the cutest gsd puppy i have ever seen I mean he has to be my favorite.:)
Buster is beautiful I love his coat and he has the most beautiful face ;)

Love seeing a GSD with those sturdy legs and tight paws! Billy looks like he's really full of himself, lol!

Poor Buster doesn't look like he's a big fan of having that camera pointed at him ;)

GSDFan05

You have got a VERY handsome pair of dogs! Seeing pictures of GSD puppies with their radar ears never fails to make me smile!

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
:) Thanks guys for your great comments :)

I've got a problem with billy now....last night billy went to go upstairs, he got to the 6th stair and my husband never told him off so he went all the way up. I usually tell him no or to get down and he listened, but because my husband never told him down or no he now thinks he can go up when ever he wants. he isn't listening to me or my husband now when it comes to the stairs.
Does anyone have any ideas to stop him going up the stairs???
I thought of electric wire around the stairs, maybe a stun gun (only joking).......lol lol

You could put a baby gate at the foot of the stairs. German Shepherds are going to want to be able to patrol the entire house - you KNOW how they think they have to keep an eye on every single thing, lol!

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
unfortunatly we don't have a bannister on 1 side of the stairs so theres nothing to fix a gate to. :eek:

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
Buster lives in quite a big pen & has a shed to sleep in, this is where billy will be living when he gets bigger.
At the moment billy lives in the house and sleeps in our kitchen.

We haven't left billy and buster alone at all yet as we have been told not too for at least another month.
I worry about them as it is because when billy is around buster I put him on his lead so he can't run free around buster, what billy does is try to bite buster at near enough every chance he gets .
I don't want billy to get hurt by buster coz he's alot bigger than billy.
Does anyone have any ideas for intergrating them so they can spend time together safely.

at 1st we'll only leave them for a couple of minutes but that won't be till at least july

Last edited:
Well of COURSE Billy is jealous of Buster! Buster is living in the house with the family while Billy is stuck outside in a pen!

I've had German Shepherds since I was twelve years old, and these are dogs who NEED to be with their family - not banished outdoors to a separate pen. It's fine for part of the time, but they need equal time and access indoors to be part of the family.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I drove past a dog in a pen today..and thought to myself what a wasted life..a big ol shepard mix..laying in front of the gate staring at the house..where he is every time i drive by.

sazel192

German Shepherds UK
My mum & dad have had german shepherds since I was 8 & My husband's mum & dad have had german shepherds since before he was born (over 33 years ago), Buster stays in his pen & shed at night and when we are out of the house (about 1-2 hours tops), the rest of the time he comes inside...we also take him out 3-4 times aday for a walk/run over the field, buster is a big part of our family.....our garden is about 100ft by 70ft and busters pen takes up just under half of the garden.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
with all my dog family..i have learned one thing.as long as it is fair..if one gets the other gets..if one is special than both are..and so on..then the jealously is a moot point..but if one is treated differently they will react exactly the same way we would. I am glad the pen is only part time..now if that dang dog i drive past was only part time the world would be a better place.

Members online

No members online now.