Kong Wobbler

crazedACD

Has anyone tried this toy? Does it hold up well? I need a good treat dispensing toy that won't get torn to pieces in an hour, and that is relatively challenging. Skye went through a tug a jug in no time..like literally ate through the bullet proof plastic. Anything else, if it has food in it, she tears up.

I love it. Obi hasn't destroyed it BUT when he gets it close to empty, he's figured out how to unscrew the top...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It's held up well here, BUT it's not very challenging at ALL.
This.
Juno's shows a lot of wear and tear (she gnaws on it a lot) but everything is still in one piece. But there's no challenge. The opening on it is pretty large, so one whack sends most of the food falling out of it.

elegy

overdogged
Depends on the size of your kibble. Steve eats almost every meal out of his Kong wobbler. It definitely takes a longer time if he's eating something with bigger kibbles.

I pick it up as soon as it's empty, so his is in pretty good shape.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
They seem to stand up.. but most of the dogs around here figure it out pretty quickly and learn to hold it at the right angle/tip it/empty it in less than no time.

I liked the cube toys better. At least they tire themselves out flipping it over and messing with it

yoko

http://youtu.be/q50uOhQg3Ak

I've found if it's not full it takes a lot longer for the pieces to fall out but if it's full the tiniest push can make the kibble fall out.

I'll usually get larger treats and put it in so only one at a time can fall out so there is a little bit more of a challenge.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Love love love it. It's the easiest to fill and it takes my dogs enough time to make it worth my money. Plus it's one of the only toys, ever, my pit bulls don't destroy.

crazedACD

Thanks! It does seem like the only thing that will hold up with her. She would rather figure out a way to go through the toy than try to figure out how to get it out. I've tried a ton of various rubber toys and they just aren't 'right'. I have a Bionic toy that is fairly sturdy but it is weird to fill, it just doesn't hold enough.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
have a Bionic toy that is fairly sturdy but it is weird to fill, it just doesn't hold enough.
thats my reason for wobbler love. I can put 2 cups in *easily* and walk away.

The jolly pet ones are fun but a pain to fill and they barely hold 1/2-1 cup.

The bob-a-lot holds a lot but its horrific to fill, I finally donated mine.

I can't remember for sure but I seem to think the cube was a pain to fill too?

The tug-a-jug was too frustrating for my pit bulls and they just ate through the first one and I donated the second.

The Nina ottosson toys, that I have tried, are way too easy to figure out and never hold enough food. They go quickly and I feel the need to supervise them when they have small parts.

I like this new one: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...3.643.3j0j2.5.0.les;..0.0...1ac.1.JuWxnv1Dbb4

We just got it at work and it seems tough and fun. It takes the dogs a while, they can't seem to flip it yet and no one has tried to just chew the "grass blades". It's like a more elaborate slow-down food bowl.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I like my Nina Ottosson toy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoS5ubLtmo&feature=share&list=UU8jRrlsmIisOiDnxKFuIa5A

For me I don't mind having to supervise her, or having to reload it multiple times. If I use puzzle toys I'm just doing it to give her brain a bit of a workout, and for her this type of toy does that better than the ones she just has to whack around or roll. That's pretty much what she does with all her other toys, anyway lol.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
It's probably because I use work to eat toys as baby sitters/time occupiers so my take is a bit different.

I haven't tried all of her toys, I do like the tornado one but I wish it held more or was a bit more complicated. The brick one sucks, IMO.

We had a tug-a-jug but Shambles showed me his displeasure with it by destroying it in a matter of minutes. Guy doesn't like a challenge. He loves the wobbler, though.

We have one of these at the shelter I work it. We mostly use it with dogs who have been at the shelter a while. So far all the dogs I've seen use it have loved it! It was especially great for Handsome, a bloodhound/lab mix we had with horrible food allergies. He couldn't have any sort of enrichment food wise because of his allergies but he LOVED when we fed him from the wobbler. He figured out how to use it with no problem, unlike normal kongs which some dogs who come in can't seem to figure out. It's also super easy to fill and clean. I highly recommend it! :)

CaliTerp07

I like the Kong Genius my secret santa gave Lucy last year :) It's kind of tricky to fill, but it actually takes her a couple minutes to empty it (when all the ball/cubes/etc took around 20 seconds, no joke). You can add extra pieces to it to make it more challenging.

The twist-n-treat is fairly successful here too. I bought the smallest size and screw it down all the way, so that it packs the kibble in and makes it trickier to get out. It only holds 1/2 cup of kibble though (which is fine, that's her whole breakfast)

The balls were annoying, because they'd always end up under the sofa, and she figured out that if she dumps it down the stairs all the kibbles fall out...

Members online