The Summer of the Skunked Dog

vmills

SimAlvin
S'up with the skunks in the Northeast this year?

I've had 2 dogs for the last 3 summers and this summer is THE Summer Of The Skunked Dog.

First, Alvin walked into a skunk cloud about in Late July (Skunked!).

Two nites ago Simon tangled with a baby skunk (Sir Simon the Cockapoo Dog Gets Skunked!).

I don't live in the woods. I live in a residential neighborhood and can't figure out where the stinky ones are coming from! The dogs are being doglike and protecting their territory.

Anyone else have this problem?

Snark

Mutts to you
My dogs have killed 4 skunks that climbed into the yard in the past 4 months. We're rural but hadn't had any problems with skunks until last year. Part of the problem is my neighbor, who likes to feed EVERYTHING and thinks the skunks are cute. :rolleyes: Then they wander down the road to our place and don't quite get the welcome they're expecting...

I'll take stink over barbed, pointy things.

Oooh lucky me! We've got both porcupines and skunks. Skunks are rather common in the cities here, likely due to the fact that our cities are never far from a forest - Zero was skunked a couple months ago in a friend's front yard. Wretched odor, it's still not gone. Why did it have to spray the fluffiest, most difficult to groom dog?

Members online

No members online now.