Aussie ears

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
According to an Aussie site (and this is lazy google-fu so hey whatever):

"The ASCA Standard calls for an ear set high on the head, triangular and slightly rounded at the tip, of moderate size with length measured by bringing the tip of the ear around to the inside corner of the eye. The ears, at full attention break slightly forward and over from one-quarter to one-half above the base. Prick and hound-type ears are severe faults.

The AKC standard looks for Triangular ears of moderate size and leather, set high on the head. At full attention they break forward and over, or to the side as a rose ear. Prick ears and handing ears are severe faults. "

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
semi-prick and rose and button/triangle are both a-ok :)

hound ears (ears the droop low) and prick ears are a fault.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I had a woman with a rose ear aussie telling a woman with a prick ear aussie that the prick ear was a "deformity" and "wrong" yesterday in my lobby. I informed the prick ear puppy she's perfect and wonderful and not to listen but then it perked my interest. Thanks for the info guys.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I had a woman with a rose ear aussie telling a woman with a prick ear aussie that the prick ear was a "deformity" and "wrong" yesterday in my lobby. I informed the prick ear puppy she's perfect and wonderful and not to listen but then it perked my interest. Thanks for the info guys.
Prick ears are a severe fault in the breed. I do know several Aussies with prick ears however and I have also owned an Aussie with prick ears.

I think prick ears look awesome on Aussies. Wrong or right that would be my preference. But I could be a tad biased on the prick eared part but Desoto has my kind of ears!

Ok, back to the people that know what they are talking about in the breed rather than someone who just has a up ear fetish.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I think prick ears look awesome on Aussies. Wrong or right that would be my preference. But I could be a tad biased on the prick eared part but Desoto has my kind of ears!

Ok, back to the people that know what they are talking about in the breed rather than someone who just has a up ear fetish.
Then you would like the Dam of my male, Hawkeye. Her name is Britta.

Prick ears on Aussies really don't bother me any, and they don't change the working ability of the dog in any way. I would support a change to allow prick ears in as something other than a Major fault if the proposal was ever made.

Then you would like the Dam of my male, Hawkeye. Her name is Britta.

Prick ears on Aussies really don't bother me any, and they don't change the working ability of the dog in any way. I would support a change to allow prick ears in as something other than a Major fault if the proposal was ever made.
Oh my god red AND prick ears! I'm in love! Completely in love.

Members online

No members online now.