Your dogs siblings

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
A funny topic discussed with a friend lead me here.

Are your dogs siblings, litter mates from a breeder or rescue, living along the same lines? Are they mostly pets? Working dogs? Sporting dogs? Are they approximately titled, tempered, etc? Are they following in their parents steps?

I think we had a post like this for photos before but feel free to share photos if you have any!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summers littermates were one of the only ones that lost touch with the breeder. They were both pets. Summer's younger sister is living with my dad (rose). Summers parents were both show dogs and her mom had some rally titles and was a therapy dog. Summer used to be a therapy dog in her old home.

Mia's only littermate is an undersized pet. Mia's father is a champion and her Mother was pointed. She has quite a few half siblings doing agility and several aunts/uncles that were agility national champions/ went to nationals/and/or on the world teams. Her sire is brother to one of the best papillon handlers dogs. Her grandsire was fairly prolific though lol. Two of her cousins (same breeder as Mia) MACHed recently. Another is close.

Last edited:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Emma's sister (her only litter mate) is being shown out in California. She'll be coming to live with me, hopefully this fall or winter.

Emma's sister Zara by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Tucker was from a litter of 4. One of his sister's is being shown, and his other 2 siblings are in pet homes.

Brother Apollo:

Tucker's brother Apollo by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Sister Fifi:

fifi- tucker's sister by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Lulu (sister who is being shown- old pic of her from about 8 months of age):

lulu by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I'm not sure about Chloe, Rylie, or Rory's siblings. I haven't gotten updates on Rylie or Chloe's family in a while, and Rory was an owner rehome. I keep meaning to contact his breeder for information on his siblings.

Well I'll just start with Noodle to get it out of the way, no idea where he even came from (BYB? Puppymill? Pet store?), so I have no idea.

Jinjo, it's been a LONG road, but for the most part I only now know of what happened to 2 of his littermates from his litter (she had a litter out of his granddam, 2 puppies, at the same time, and another from his dam a couple years later, not sure if it was the same sire or not?). I lost track of his breeder, didn't even know if she was still living in the same area (asked his sires owner at one point and she said she didn't know) as the reason she was here was because of her husbands job, they moved from England to South Africa, then here. I guess they're still here, because I just found both of the littermates which the breeder had kept on a local boarding kennels website. Actually, funny thing is I almost ended up with "Oreo", he was bought by a mom with a 5 year old son that turned terrified of dogs, she thought getting a Corgi puppy would solve that, it didn't so he was returned to the breeder, she then called and offered him to me, but I declined on the grounds that ONE puppy was more than enough at a time, I've always been glad that I did. I never knew the Fluffy's name, always just referred to her as Fluffy bitch, but here they are, Oreo (left) and Angie (right) -

I was beyond shocked when I found them! I had heard through a grapevine that one of his littermates died of cancer at an earlier age, well, further looking into the boarding kennel I noticed a "memorial wall" in there photo's, and there she is, Angie, not sure if it was her that had cancer but she's gone. I also know that his Dam passed last year, his sire a short time before that, both around I think 14?

That's Jinj, I'll do Enda in a minute...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't have pictures sadly. The breeder has some on her website of Mia's littermate and sibs but I don't want to take them off her site. I've met summers sibs but that was wayyyy before I even had any clue she'd be mine in 4 years. So no pics other than Rose. :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I don't have pictures sadly. The breeder has some on her website of Mia's littermates and sibs but I don't want to take them off her site. I've met summers sibs but that was wayyyy before I even had any clue she'd be mine in 4 years. So no pics other than Rose. :p
and yet you didn't post Rose pics. :mad:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie has a bunch of half-siblings that are agility dogs. His brother from a previous breeding (Georgie's dad) is an agility + show + herding dog. His full brother from his own litter has I think a single herding title, but mostly just lives on a farm.

Payton's sister that is still with his breeder is a show dog. He has another brother and sister that I don't know anything about except that the brother lives in California now. Payton was the wild child of that litter, no doubt about it. His sister is reportedly a big couch potato... it amuses me to think of anything related to P as being a couch potato, LOL.

Pepper's sister (Georgie's mom) is an agility dog in training and has been shown a few times as well. I think there are two other sisters that have been shown as well, one of them has been bred IIRC. I'm not sure about the rest of the litter. I think there were five and I'm sure there was at least one boy but I can only find girls haha.

Georgie's sister is an agility dog in training too and I can't remember if she was shown or if her breeder ended up pulling her because she wasn't quite ready...

So, this could turn out long, I'll try to keep it short. Enda has 31 siblings, she has several half siblings out of her sire as well. Out of her full siblings, right now only two others are being shown, the bitch her breeder kept, and a natural eared bitch who lives near the breeder. A half sibling is also being shown, and her owner also does sledding and dabbles in whatever other competitions that come along. Sonnette-

And another from that litter, male, has been shown.

One of her full siblings is doing agility, Ember, here's a fun video of her -
[YOUTUBE]MUU4RtRWQQg[/YOUTUBE]

And other than those, the rest are all really just pets. One was even sent to France from her last litter and I was more than shocked when they had him neutered! I can only think they must have had a Beauceron before and wanted another from as similar of lines as possible to pay all the import fees for just a pet.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you've met her famous uncle I'm sure ;) -

And here's another one of her uncle's, whose owner keeps a really nice blog -

http://hollyraegroff.blogspot.com/

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mira is one of ten puppies. Her sibs are a mish mash of careers: hunting, field, some competition obedience, rally, CGCs, therapy dog. Some are just household pets. Mira's the only one that does agility, but there are a lot parallels between a good agility dog and a good field dog in terms of characteristics and skill sets. Funny how that works.

They are all pets first, though. Not just saying that...it's an intentional part of their placements.

I've gotten to meet one of her brothers and three of her sisters as adults, which is also fun :)

Miz Naughty's one full sister was the number 1 Cardigan in Holland last year. Most of her siblings are pets, though, because they were fluffies. Her half sister is currently being specialed in the US, but in Germany she has half siblings that are currently being run as competitive agility dogs.

Both of Miz Naughty's puppies are being homed as show prospects, with LiL Sis remaining with me and the male puppy is being homed with a serious obedience person who is interested in getting into showing. Who knows if they'll turn out to be special's quality, but I don't really care about that so much. I'd be happy with a Ch title on one end and an HT on the other. ;-)

JacksonsMom

I really wish I knew. :(

I got Jackson from a BYB in Baltimore City and I had to pick between him and his brother. It was SO hard. I wanted so badly to take them both.

I still wonder what happened to him or what he looks like, if he got to be as big as Jackson, etc. I've thought about, like, posting a Craigslist ad looking for his sibling, LOL, but I don't know how successful that would be. It narrows it down slightly that they have their natural tails and are bigger than your average yorkie. But hard to say. I know it was a woman and her boyfriend who got his sibling who lived in DC but that's the extent of it, don't know if he's even in the hands of his original owner or not. And I tried to contact the 'breeder' (I had her e-mails still in my old inbox) but think she changed her email and phone number, it's been almost 5 years.

That's one reason I can't wait to get a dog from a reputable breeder one day so I can have all this info.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Carma's brother Charlie is working in sport in Miami. As far as I know, he is the only other one right now.

Charlie vom Oz Haus by Gator_Dog, on Flickr
Why is he wearing a service dog vest to do bitework? :\

Dunno about any of my dogs siblings. I met Em's a couple years back... reactive, untrained, unsocialized. Totally out of control, dog aggressive (except with her, oddly enough), etc. Everything Em would have been should she have gone to a pet home, lol.

FG167

You really, really make me want my own Edna.
Me too! Where is she from? I don't know the breed very well though :)

Eden was a conformation failure, the siblings I think are largely in pet homes. Her father is about to retire from showing and I think he placed her mother last year. She has her Mom's ear spot/expression - I think it's cute:

Eden's on the left and her half-sister (Jason's corgi, Poppy) is on the right.

Kastle's sire was the SchH world champion in 2010, his dam is titled SchH3/IPO3 and KKL1. Kastle is obviously training for IPO (among other sports).

This is Kastle at 2 years, his sire (Como) at 3.5 years:

I don't believe his littermates are doing much as far as competition - from what I've seen/heard. My work bought his full litter brother for the tracking program but I believe we are going to turn him into a Human Detection dog instead.

This is Kenzo:

I know a handful of half-sibs of Kastle (same dam for all) and they are all SchH dogs and very nice...here are a few :)

Limit's two siblings are all in working homes (cattle farms). Nothing too interesting there...he looks like his sire:

FG167

Then there's Aikon...his sire just made it on the world team for this year. He's got two full siblings in SchH homes, one in a detection home, the rest of the litter of 11 are in pet/agility homes (mostly pet I think). He has a TON of half-siblings that are competing in SchH (through his sire). I don't know who he looks like in body yet, but I think he has his dam's face/expression.

Idaia (the dam):

Figo (his sire):

Sekah

The Monster.
Megatron was a pet store puppy, so god only knows where her siblings are now. (She's a rescue.) Hopefully not dead.

I was speaking to Cohen's breeder about Cohen's littermates just a few weeks ago. Unfortunately my breeder hasn't heard anything from them for a few years. The dogs are all likely in pet homes, as the breeder doesn't produce much else. I only know of one other Aussie from the breeder who I'd call a performance dog. A few other of her pups dabble in sports, but nothing serious.

Cohen's sire was the #3 top winning Aussie in confo in 2005. He's now retired and still lives with the breeder. Her dam was pet quality and was placed in a pet home after her last litter 2 years ago or so.

Members online