Hello There!

houlahoops

Hi!

My name is Emily. I don't have dogs living with me (gasp!) but I grew up with Catahoulas (and a Coton de Tulear, and a German Shepherd), and I just...can't...take being away from the "dog world" any more! Back home, my parents still have all three breeds, so I get a dose of dog to keep me sane when I go home for the holidays.

I'm a college kid, majoring in biology and biding my time until I can bring home a little spotted pup. And I think obsessing about dogs here will be better for everybody than trying to cram a Cat into my tiny dorm room with my New York City roommate!

Anyway! Nice to "meet" y'all =)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hi and welcome! You'll find some 'houla company and just general dog nuttiness to keep you company. :)

houlahoops

Thanks, Zoom! I'm glad for the insanity...people in the real world are a little too normal for my tastes.

MHMR, is your middle guy a Cat? He (she?) is a great-looking dog!

Here's a little something to tide you over...my father's dog Mac (not his real name, since Dad would be mortified to see his hunting buddy all over the internet =) )

M

MyHorseMyRules

He sure is, and thank you! He's a bit bigger now, though.

"Mac" has such a sweet face! I love his eyes.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I love "Mac's" split face!

And we've got plenty of working/hunting dogs on here, "Mac" is in good company. :)

"Mac" is gorgeous! I am such a fan of dark merle like that.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here and we keep your need to talk to dog people sated!

houlahoops

Oh, gosh MHMR, he really is gorgeous! I love his ears. And dainty little toes heehee.

Zoom, that's good to hear! A lot of people don't sympathize with the ridiculous attachment you can form with a "hunting" dog! They can be pets too! They just have to prove their worth once in a while =P

Thanks, SarahHound! What a gorgeous crew you have there! I love me some sight hounds!

Hi, Linds! Thank you! I see you have a handsome little dark merle fellow yourself! =)

Hi, Linds! Thank you! I see you have a handsome little dark merle fellow yourself! =)
Not that dark but he is little! He's just soaking wet and it makes him look darker than he is. Amazing how much merles can darken from what they were as puppies.

houlahoops

That is so true! Mac was much lighter even as a young dog. But his patches especially have gotten darker in the past two years or so (he's seven).

Is yours a purebred? He looks a lot like a Koolie!

He was two in this picture! Before he started going grey in the muzzle. I think he uses getting older as an excuse not to hear us when we call him inside =P

That is so true! Mac was much lighter even as a young dog. But his patches especially have gotten darker in the past two years or so (he's seven).

Is yours a purebred? He looks a lot like a Koolie!

He was two in this picture! Before he started going grey in the muzzle. I think he uses getting older as an excuse not to hear us when we call him inside =P
Yeah see, that's the dark merle I LOVE. You need to post more pictures!

And yep, Traveler's a Koolie off the boat (well, plane) from Australia. Currently working on importing another in the next few months.

houlahoops

Well you are in luck! I just bought a new camera, and "Mac" has been one of my major subjects. He's a patient guy!

A-ha! I've always admired Koolies from afar. Now that I've stalked your fella's puppy pictures, I am in love! What neat little dogs!

M

MyHorseMyRules

Oh, gosh MHMR, he really is gorgeous! I love his ears. And dainty little toes heehee.

Zoom, that's good to hear! A lot of people don't sympathize with the ridiculous attachment you can form with a "hunting" dog! They can be pets too! They just have to prove their worth once in a while =P
Thanks! Wow, Mac looks like one solid dog!

And I know what you mean. Mine are hunting dogs of a sort. They just hunt for people. ;)

houlahoops

He sure is! Built like a brick house (and about as smart as one too) =P

Do you do SAR then? That's awesome! You have my utmost admiration: especially after seeing avalanche dogs in action one winter!

SpringerLover

If you're the Emily I think you are... I WANT Mammoth/Clancy pictures! Old dogs are the best!

Oh, and "Mac" is very very handsome!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Yay, another houla! Glad to see you on here. That's a beautiful dog your dad has. I love his coloring. I have a brindle 'houla named Voodoo (aka the Chaos Demon).

houlahoops

Thanks, Sizzle!

And YES I am!!! =D I will get to posting pictures shortly. I have to change everybody's name (except Mammoth 'cause he's mine), but you already know our gang =) Off to stalk you and look for pictures of your pups!

Thanks, Gempress! My grandfather has a Cat named Voodoo! Only he's a red merle =)

Members online

No members online now.