A Recipe my Dogs Love

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I got this from a site awhile back. Since i knew they already loved Turkey in their daily diet I was pretty sure they would like it. Well i was wrong most of my dogs LOVE them.
So here it is

Turkey Gobblers
Description: You dog won't know that they are healthy.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Temperature: 375 F
Ingredients: 1 cup ground turkey
2 cups white flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 egg
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons tarragon

Cooking Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a frying pan, cook ground turkey, crumble into small pieces and set aside on a paper towel.
Combine flour and cornmeal in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg, oil and water, then add tarragon.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Fold in ground turkey and mix again.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead until thoroughly mixed together. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick and cut out shapes.
Place on greased baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until firm. Cool and serve. Keep any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Makes 24 tempting, tantalizing turkey treats
Tips:
Submitted By: From the Three Dog Bakery Cookbook

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
don't laugh but once and awhile we run out of dog food and I have to "cook" a dinner. Bronki thought that was about the absolute best!! I would empty out the cupboard of those things we didn't want brands of soup nobody liked, old boxes of pasta...AAron would come in and say YOUR COOKING? something i never but never do..look in the pot and go GAG...anyway they loved it, went right to sleep with warm bellies and had "eating" dreams. Funny that it never upset their stomachs or gave or made them flatulent...just happy!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Thanks for the recipe. Max & CJ like ground chicken better than turkey, maybe I'll try substituting.

Members online

No members online now.