Dumped Cat..grrrr Help with Mats?

LauraLeigh

I just found this forum, I posted about this gal in the fire hydrant section before I saw this one.

I will cut and paste her story here, I also want to ask for help with Mats, they are Sooooo bad, I tried cutting them out but I am so afraid of cutting her, any advice? I have put a couple of pics here for you too see as well.

My orginal post: LOL quoting myself....

I am aggravated, we have had another starving young cat turn up at our place!!!! This one is gorgeous and very sweet, thankfully not wounded like the last one or thrown in the garbage like BB but she is FULL of mats and they'll need to come out but right now I don't want to freak her out... the hard part is I am not sure I can take on more than 3 right now, so Buffy as we have called her ( I think have not checked "her" over that close yet as she is pretty stressed ) is staying up at our shop where she was found for now, the office is heated and we put a litter box in the office along with food and water, it is soooo maddening that people just abandon pets like they were an old toy they don't want anymore.... grrrrrr

mjb

She is a real beauty.

Our last long-haired cat got occasional mats, and we cut them as close as we dared....keeping a finger between scissors and skin.

A friend of ours had a Persian that got matted enough that they had to take him to a groomer to get shaved......the Lion cut, I think it's called.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sometimes trying to comb them out is irritating and stressful to the cat. If you can't do it easily, go to a groomer. I will have the groomer just shave the mats off so the cat doesn't have to be completely shaved.

LauraLeigh

Thanks, I will look into who in the area does grooming, my vet who cared for Hope, the last dumpee for nearly free for me may be able to help, with Hope she ended up at the vets for 3 nights and had a gazzilion stictches plus the spayed her and when I went to pick her up I was a bit worried ( My hubby thought I was loopy for spending so much on a stray/dumpee ) but my vet charged me $60!!!! I was so grateful and he said he was just glad to see I was willing to look after her. I will give them a call and see if they know any groomers able to do cats.

Members online

No members online now.