Garnett the baby coondawg

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
We went and picked up our puppy from Connecticut today. He is actually pretty fabulous, since he is calm, friendly and fearless- pretty much a perfect temperament I think. He thinks kids are great.

I can't believe how much extra skin he has. And the velvetty hound ears...

Anyway, all I have is some really crappy phone pictures, but it's better than nothing.

This one isn't mine-taken by the breeder, but OK to post.

Several from the car trip home. He was calm and cooperative, but threw up about six times. I was all good, we brought a big stack of towels

And here he is at home with Will on the sofa, after they wrestled and totally messed up the cover on the rec room sofa.

I know these leave a lot to be deisred, quality wise, but I thought they were better than nothing.

He is to be named Happy Jack Hollow Garnett, a mouthful for twenty pounds of nine week old pup if ever there was one. You see, my husband had an Uncle Fred, who Uncle Fred was named after, and he had a brother, who was kind of a bad boy- his name was Garnett. So this is Garnett, Uncle Fred's bad boy brother.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ahhhhhhh! So cute! I swear baby hound dogs with their droopy ears are among some of the cutest things ever. :D

Congrats!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
So cute! Where in CT? I have a friend whose family bred hounds, I wonder if he's one of their pups.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
He came from Litchfield. We took him to visit Molly 1st, and then drove him home.

He's curled up on a blanket in Uncle Fred's usual spot, which he has already adopted. He has brought his coon tail, a rawhide, and some pieces of paper he found over there and settled in. It feels good to look over there and see a hound, albeit a little one.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh the cute! Look at those ears and the wrinkles! Better be careful--naming him a bad boy---may be setting the stage for it to become reality! :p

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Thanks everyone! He has so much extra skin.

Here are a couple of additional pictures from visiting Molly- they were on Steve's phone

Barb04

Super Moderator
Awww.....he's such a cutie! I'm glad you and your family have him. I just love how you came up with his name. I can't wait to see pics as he's growing up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That is one nice puppy. Congrats. I am sure Uncle Fred would give his stamp of approval.

Members online

No members online now.