Its confirmed...

mrose_s

BusterLove
my next dog REALLY has to be more drivey and have more energy than Buster lol. You'd think a cattle dog, kelpie mix would be a good bet for getting a dog that likes to go... but no. Buster is so lazy!

Its been raining for days, so we've all been cooped up inside. Thismorning it was all sunny and pleasant so I figured I'd take Buster out for a game in the backyard.
15 minutes of madly trying to stir him up and all I got was 3 half zoomies and a few "OMG CHASE IT...nah"s that consisted of about 3 strides.

Its a worry when you relise your getting more joy out of the dog toys you bought than your dog. lol

BostonBanker

my next dog REALLY has to be more drivey and have more energy than Buster lol. You'd think a cattle dog, kelpie mix would be a good bet for getting a dog that likes to go... but no. Buster is so lazy!
I definitely know what it is like to want more drive, but trust me, you CAN build on what you've got. Meg is a very low-drive dog who completely ignored toys when I got her. It has taken a bunch of work, but she will tug in public, is raring to go as soon as the agility equipment comes out, and is generally a very confident, moderately intense dog when working now. You may not have to wait for your 'drivey' dog; you can make the one you've got in to one if you are up for it!

Having said that, my next dog will start out with more drive. I'm well aware (and have been warned multiple times) that it comes with it's own set of issues, I'm ready for a different type of challenge!

mrose_s

BusterLove
He has improved, usually I can get him going but it was... warm outside and he doesn't like to run around in the heat lol.

I will keep working with him, when I see him tug in public I'll be amazed.

Members online

No members online now.