Great Watch Dog...

EliNHunter

:rolleyes: So, I winterized my Smkie Bunny and put her in the den amongst my antique snow shoes my grandfather handmade and some old pottery in the corner (nice little display!). The lighting is really low in the den (it's very rustic with wood walls/ceiling and low track lighting). Well, Hunter is next to me laying down and all of a sudden starts a low growl looking at something. He keeps doing it while looking up at me like "Mamma, go check it out!" :rolleyes:

I get up and start walking towards where he's looking and he starts barking all scared and stuff. I get closer to Smkie Bunny and he goes nuts! He was scared there was an animal in our house!!! I pointed out that it was ok, then he was ok. Geeeesh... he's such a wuss!!! :rolleyes:

Here's Smkie's Bunny in my den...

Actually, that WAS very good watch-dog behaviour on Hunter's part. A great watch dog knows his world and notices anything different or out of place - just like Hunter did! :D

EliNHunter

Hey, Renee... that's a good point!!! The other morning we were sleeping in on the weekend in bed together just snoozing when he heard a noise coming from the front of the house. I think a neighbor was shovelling or doing something next door and that's the noise he heard. Well, he starts the low growl while laying on the bed. He'd do the low growl, stop, then look at me. Then repeat it a couple of times. When I finally said "Go see what it is!". He jumped off the bed all puffed up only to stop at the bedroom doorway looking back at me with scared eyes like he was saying "Maaaamaaaa... YOU check it out!!!!". Lol... he's such a goofy butt :D

bubbatd

The big woozy will do that when here too !! Both he and Chip would hear something and go barking to the window ....but Hunter always says " ooooooooo Chip, you check it out first " and hangs back.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, I can't wait for Smkie to find out that her bunnies are now invading homes and causing trouble. They will be closely watched by our faithly friends.

Members online

No members online now.