Daddy the pitbull passes the torch

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I dont agree with everything the dog whisperer (ceasar millan) does/says. But i do like some stuff about him

one thing I DO love about the show. is daddy. This dog has changed so many peoples minds about the pitbull breed and he is just such a cute friendly well behaved dog

I know people who used to be the biggest "omg ban the pitbulls they have lockjaws and will kill people" fanatics. but their minds have been changed by daddys sweet gentle nature

Well daddy is now 15 years old and getting ready to retire
and the torch is being passed to JUNIOR a little grey pit

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Pits are TERRIERS. They are gamey, they are driven, they are confident. Put those together and you're going to see a fair amount of DA. It's truly scary that his portrayal of pits leads to people becoming complacent about their own pits. Almost scarier than BSL.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I meant daddys behavior with people. how he is always wagging his tail, happy to meet new people, great with kids etc.. instead of being portrayed as a cold blooded killer

He is good with dogs. there wasn't a sign on him that said "ALL PITBULLS ARE GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS". people might take it that way but thats not what this thread is about. I just like the positive light that daddy is portrayed and I thought the pictures were cute

I DO NOT want this to become a debate angry thread. if thats what this is going, please some1 close it.

i do LOVE daddy and junior and think they are undeniably cute. and i must admit, daddy was the dog who made me beleive that not all pits were bad.

It certainly doesn't hurt for people to see Pit Bulls being friendly, notably with human beings. Of all the Terriers they are probably the breed intended to be the most passive to human beings.

Bailey08

I'm with ya. While I now have strong (negative) feelings about Cesar now, I used to really like his show. And I LOVED Daddy. To me, it was less about him being a pittie (I've always liked pit bulls and didn't have negative associations with them), and more about his fantastic personality.

I do think that Daddy is one of the good things that came out of that show. I disagree strongly with Cesar's proposition that a good pack leader can cure dog aggression, but at least he showed a great example of a pittie.

I'm sad that he's 15.

AgilityKrazii

Addicted to Agility
Junior is such a cutie and even tho I dont like the Dog Whisper I think its great that so many people have changed views on Pit Bulls because of Daddy and I cant believe he is 15 wow, never would have guessed that!
I do have to say that Daddy has to the only dog I have ever seen that had like zero personallity and I have been around MANY, MANY dogs. He reminds me of those robotic dogs they sell at Wal-Mart. He never looks very happy and seems in pain. I'm sure alot of you will disagree with this but thats ok, just my opinion.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I do have to say that Daddy has to the only dog I have ever seen that had like zero personallity and I have been around MANY, MANY dogs. He reminds me of those robotic dogs they sell at Wal-Mart. He never looks very happy and seems in pain.
Yea, that's called shut down.

I think that Daddy is just so very special... but any good that Cesar ATTEMPTED to do for the breed was flushed with the episode when that huge pit fight broke out.

PBRC News and Views: Dog, Pit Bull, Trinity: Did Cesar Erase the Aggression?

I'll NEVER forget it. It made me feel physically ill that anyone could be that stupid and irresponsible all in the name of entertainment.

The guys is just plain dangerous.

J's crew

I like Daddy also. I have seen him happy on different ocassions. He seems like a sweetie. I can't believe he's 15 though! I like him much better than his trainer tho, ha ha. ;)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
as gorgeous as daddy was i couldnt see him on that show without feeling a little sad, hes just soo...shut down...the spark i expect to see in any dog, especially a terrier, even at old age, is just not there...

i mean for example i see pics of mushroom and luce and even when there perfeclty calm they have that glimmer of mischeif...the personality shines through...
when i see pictures of daddy he just looks so sad and reserved and i realy dont think its just because hes old or "just a quiet calm dog" half the time he looks like hes terrified and the rest its just like hes going through the motions...

i do however think hes a very pretty pitty and junior is also a very handsome young man, hopefully he does the dreeb proud (and id like to see him run circles around cesar :p)

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
Aw, Daddy is a sweet old dog, I can't believe he's 15 already! I wonder what the average pit bull lifespan is? Now I'm gonna have to go employ my superior googling skills :p That puppy is absolutely adorabe, thanks for posting pics Fransheska :)

Ok, after googling, the typical lifespan is 12 years for a pit bull :)

F

FluffyZooCrew

Awwww, look at that sweet old man. I always loved Daddy.

Kenyi, I had to google their age too. :lol-sign:

Blue will be 12 this year, and I was wondering what their typical life span is. Wow, Daddy is 15! What a handsome, old man.

Maxy24

Poor Junior, he doesn't know what's coming (sorry I couldn't help myself). I don't know if Cesar has done too much for the breed. A ton of the dogs that go on his show are pitties (which may give the impression that they have a lot of behavior problems, they always end up having to go on his show). I also think people may feel pitties are safe in the hands of professional dog trainers, that they are the type of people who should own pits and that you really need to dominate pits, they try hard to be alpha, so if you are not up for that you shouldn't own them or else they'll take over. So I don't think he helps very much, seeing regular people with well behaved pitties would help, having a professional dog trainer who has to use harsh methods (which could make anyone who does not like harsh methods feel that pit bulls must be taught with harsh methods because they are so "hard") to keep his pitties in line and having a show full of pitties with behavioral problems is not something I think that is all that great. Hell, I think Rachel Ray's dog food commercial with her pit bull is more helpful, it shows a regular dog and a regular person (plus a female who people like). People need to see them as dogs, not dogs who can only be owned by "amazing" dog trainers but just good dogs.

I also think those who do like pits because of Cesar are all going out and getting them, which means all these pits are being trained using those methods which just makes me sad.

Doberdogs

Living on Doberman Drive
For many people without Pit Bulls (which are a lot of people), seeing Daddy on TV is the only time they actually SEE a Pitbull portrayed in a good light. There is power in the media, for right or wrong.

Pyxel

I love Daddy and Junior. I do sometimes notice how depressed and tired looking Daddy seems but then I've seen him bark excitedly with his tail wagging or bark and growl at Cesar in a friendly way. I've also seen him play with Cesar and there was an episode where Daddy was standing right beside a cow off leash getting excited and barking as if he wanted to play with the cow. I'm not defending Cesar's methods, but if Daddy was truly shut down, wouldn't he be robotic etc all the time and not carry on the way he does sometimes?

Junior is a lovely dog as well. He seems a bit unsure at times compared to Daddy but I love it when he starts playing with other dogs. I watched an episode the other night where Cesar brought both Daddy and Junior to a house with two pugs and a little black dog and Junior started running about like crazy wanting to play and the little dogs didn't know what to do.

Amstaffer

I dont agree with everything the dog whisperer (ceasar millan) does/says. But i do like some stuff about him

one thing I DO love about the show. is daddy. This dog has changed so many peoples minds about the pitbull breed and he is just such a cute friendly well behaved dog

I know people who used to be the biggest "omg ban the pitbulls they have lockjaws and will kill people" fanatics. but their minds have been changed by daddys sweet gentle nature
I agree. You can argue with his training methods but I really like what he has done for the reputation of Pit Bulls!

He has shown tthat Pit Bulls can be wonderful stable companions.

Miakoda

Daddy is a "pit bull", but by no means is he a true American Pit Bull Terrier. He's an American Bully with truly who knows what breeds in his genetic makeup as AmBullies are mixed breed dogs that can include, but not solely include, the APBT, AST, English Bulldog, Dogue de Bordeaux, Neo Mastiff, American Bulldog and whatever else the breed-for-looks people want to throw into the mix.

What HAS Ceasar done for "pit bulls" besides shoving it down people's throats that you can indeed train the dog aggression out of these dogs? The day I train the DA out of Tar Baby will be the day I train his white coat color off of him as well. Or maybe I should train his black nose color off while I'm at it.

Doing a little bit of good accompanied by a large amount of harm and spewing loads of misinformation doesn't equate to doing right by these dogs. We need people to educate and be educated truthfully.....not be told of rainbows and unicorns.

Junior is adorable! I love the gray coloring and those big feet are so cute.

I can't say I've ever noticed Daddy looking shut down and nervous. He always seems confidant and I've often seen him wagging his tail when interacting with people, even if it's just walking. I haven't really watched the show in awhile and I certainly haven't seen every episode so maybe I just missed something but he does really just seem like a calm, old man. I do remember that episode where he wanted to play with the cows too. I think the show just usually shows him in "work" mode where he's having to tolerate annoying dogs.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Junior is a lovely dog as well. He seems a bit unsure at times compared to Daddy but I love it when he starts playing with other dogs. I watched an episode the other night where Cesar brought both Daddy and Junior to a house with two pugs and a little black dog and Junior started running about like crazy wanting to play and the little dogs didn't know what to do.
I really hope the wrath of Cesar wasn't used on those poor Pugs. They're very emotional dogs and some are so bad that if you even look at them angry they'll break down! They're one type of dog you need to use pretty much 100% positive training with.

What was the episode called? I wanna look it up.

bubbatd

I never see his shows , but Junior looks like a sweetheart ! Love his color and natural ears !

Members online

No members online now.