What is Harry?

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
Other than being "in need of a groomer" I didnt think I would these 4 males this long :eek: So Im gonna have to have him groomed.

But really what do you think he is? he is HUGE.

I bet after he is groomed he will look like a real gentleman. ;)

Meanwhile Im trying to adapt to being surrounded my 4 weird male dogs!!! Im used our 4 girls! Its so different!

Mandie

Paige

Let it be
I've never seen one that has had that much hair as I've only ever seen ones that are shown. But they do crop their ears so that'd explain why his ears don't match up. And he's a big black shaggy dog. When I see big black shaggy dogs I instantly think Bouvier

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I'll third (fourth, wherever we're at) a Bouvier in dire need of grooming. A friend of mine did Bouvier rescue for years and the non-show quality ones looked a lot like this dog.

How common are Bouviers? lol

I have had a mixed breed (Dachshund/poodle) who looked just like a silky terrier!

I personally see Poodle/Old English Sheepdog.

If he were in good coat and I could tell body structure better, I'd guess an uncropped briard or mix thereof. In that last picture at least. Let me find the pic of the black natural bitch I used to care for..for comparison.

And yeah, they're rare, but the "briard lady" I worked for also did the national rescue, and you'd be suprised how many briards and briard mixes ended up in shelters. :(

Does he have double rear dew claws?

Here's a pic of a black natural briard..

http://www.freewebs.com/sumilajan/Briard Timo 2005.jpg

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
HMMM! never heard of that breed, but I do see him when I look at pics on google. He walks like he is walking on air. just kinda floats. yet he is close to 100#s. and boy does he smell! he has a stench that matches what he looks like. even though we have bathed him twice! EEK!

Mandie

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
If he were in good coat and I could tell body structure better, I'd guess an uncropped briard or mix thereof. In that last picture at least. Let me find the pic of the black natural bitch I used to care for..for comparison.

And yeah, they're rare, but the "briard lady" I worked for also did the national rescue, and you'd be suprised how many briards and briard mixes ended up in shelters. :(

Does he have double rear dew claws?

Here's a pic of a black natural briard..

http://www.freewebs.com/sumilajan/Briard Timo 2005.jpg

Gosh let me try and find dew claws!:p Ill let yah know when I get online tonight.

Paige

Let it be
I think a Bouvier is much more common than an OES/Poodle cross. But I've also met a lot of Bouviers due to knowing someone who breeds them so maybe I just think they are more common than what they are.

BostonBanker

We've got more Bouviers around here than I would have ever expected as well. Weird, because I agree that I wouldn't normally think of them as a popular breed.

Maybe because I've never seen Bouvs with natural ears, I thought Otterhound at first.

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
shadowfacedanes I meant to post last night but I forgot. But Harry has no dew claws. (though they may have been removed) But then again..if the dew claws were removed you would think the ears would have been done as well.

Mandie

Sojourn

I would also say sheepdog in there, too. We had a dog similar to this when I was growing up (his name was Chump - my dad picked it) and he was part sheepdog. Coat, build, and head are similar but the nose was very different. He looks like a sweetheart! Although I'm suddenly having a flashback to Chewbacca in Star Wars :) But that tail might give you more of a clue. I can't see it all that clearly, but it looks like it tends to curve up over his back and is pretty curly....

Members online

No members online now.