My favorite ACD Breeder...

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Agassiz Cattle Dogs!

I love the Reddenblu dogs, but if I purchased my future ACD pup from them it would have to be shipped and I would rather meet the parents and pups personally... They seem like very good quality breeders and I would be willing to travel to Ontario to meet them.:) What do you think of them?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I think their dogs are beautiful and they sound like nice people. :) Love their red boy! And it sounds like all of their pups are treated as family members first.

All that I can really say, is that I would not buy a pup from them because of the lack of working dogs. And they mention that they're breeding dogs known to have no interest in herding. That, to me, is a bad thing... even if the dog's parents work every day of their lives, herding dogs that cannot herd have no business reproducing.

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Huh?... I see they compete in herding trials and most of their dogs have their herding titles (HC), they do metion that some are couch potatoes, but those dogs are older and retired...

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i like them as a breeder, but their might be something i'm missing,
as far as the working part, they have that going to, herding instinct and herding trials are good enough for me,

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
omg i would definetly go for them if i wanted a ACD

check out their awards page http://agassizcattledog.com/ anyone who runs there dogs in tht many things must really love their dogs.

conformation champions
confirmation (altered) champions
obediance champions
Rally O
Herding instinct
Herding titles
registered therapy dogs
certified therapy dogs
agility titles
flyball titles
canine good citizen awards
disc dog titles

L

LabBreeder

That is one hellaciously great contract! All the dogs are Ch and have done so much in so little time. They seem amazing. All health tests done. Nice, very nice. :D

Sheka

Just so u all know.. my birthday is coming up and those Pups sure are cute **HINT** lol jk jk but that really is a great breeder and the guarentee is amazing

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
"She too didn't excel in herding activities, she preferred to let me herd the livestock instead. But she did produce some kids with awesome herding instinct. "

"The herding instinct skipped a generation with Annie, but like her mother, a couple of Annie's kids are showing promise."

Sorry, I do tend to over-analyze... I was mostly scanning the descriptions. :p I just don't like the idea of breeding any herding dog that does not excel at what they were truly bred to do, regardless of lineage. Other than that, they do have "Herding Instinct" type titles on the 2 girls above, and everything else looks very very nice! The HC titles are very impressive.

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
I think she is still a great breeder, it wouldn't matter to me if my pup didn't have great herding instincts as I'm not interested in herding any way. ACDs from strong working lines tend to "heel nip" frequently, like Charlie did, but I trained it out of him. I plan to show and do agility, possibly fly ball too. I really like Reddenblu (Check out Rebel!!!:D ) But the problem is the pup would have to be shipped and I would rather meet them in person so I can bond with the pups and get to know the breeder, it will also help me to decide better on which pup to get... I want to handle the puppy, learn it's ranking with the "pack"...etc.

This is a really old threadk - but have to say , Reddenblu acd's rock! Love their website and I love their dogs - they show and WORK - good on em'!

I plan on meeting the Reddens this summer - going to fly into thunder bay! Can't wait ..........

yes, I know this post is very old......sorry!

Agassiz Cattle Dogs!

I love the Reddenblu dogs, but if I purchased my future ACD pup from them it would have to be shipped and I would rather meet the parents and pups personally... They seem like very good quality breeders and I would be willing to travel to Ontario to meet them.:) What do you think of them?

Members online