OMG THIS IS HUGE- Rambo the pitbull pup spared death row- sent out of province YAY

Kayla

Hey Guys,

Im not sure if you remember this but last christmas somone I went to highschool with had her 6 month old american pitbull terrier puppy escape from the backyard. He was picked up by AC and set to be euthanized under Bill 132- Ontario's pitbull ban- as legally Rambo could not exsist. Rambo's owner fought hard and hired a lawyer, this fight has been going on just under a year now, and on a large behalf of our awsome city counciller who fought hard for the city to consider sending the pup out of province to another rescue vs putting him to sleep.

Well they had there last day in court and the owner signed over Rambo, he is now living with a rescue group in Nova Scotia.

What a happy ending to a bad set of circumstances for owner and dog.

http://www.mississauganews.com/article/19746

A related article about a third grade student who was attacked by a dog who started a petition to save Rambo

http://www.mississauga.com/article/10519

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I'm glad Rambo is saved!

But I wonder. . . they recently sent a pit bull out of Denver that was a similiarly sad case . . . I wonder if this "sending away" (which belies the whole all-vicious thing!) is their way of propping up the ordinance . . .as long as they don't kill cute, innocent dogs, the public is less likely to fuss . . . and they can keep their law. Sigh. I'm glad for Rambo, and it is progress, but I wonder if there is an ulterior motive here.

Kayla

I see your point Livati and you pose an excellent question. In this particular case I don't think there was simply as Carolyn Parrish, the city counciller responsible for changing our by-laws fought very hard against city council to have Rambo spared from instant euthanisia. From what I read she was at every court case and was responsible for swaying City Council to treating Rambo, and all future illegal Am PitBull Terriers, Staffies, Bull Staffies, and Substatially similar type dogs as living breathing creatures that should be treated as such and are not destroyed instantly upon being picked up by AC if found to be under the legal age such dogs must be in order to "exsist" in Ontario.

It's not the ideal option of course, but I think for now- it's better than nothing

Members online

No members online now.