3 year old mauled by pit bull

Aescleah

Why do we continue to post negative press like this?? People come to this forum to get information and if Chazhound is repeating all this stuff, what do you think that says to the completely uneducated about dogs sect?
personally i think posts like this are very important the press are not objective on the matter. i know most of these cases show a dog with long term problems but were ignored if they were not ignore that child would not have been mauled yes its beating a very very dead horse but anyone who wants or owns a dog in my opinion needs to realize this could happen to them all it takes is a second.

heres a story for you
i let my dogs out for there morning bathroom break i was making some coffee and puttering around the house. i have a fenced in yard. i went out to watch the dogs and check my tomato plants like i do every morning and low and behold there was a 4 year old on my porch with no parent in sight playing with my dogs. they are puppies thank gawd and no one was hurt. but it could have been very bad, after i walked the child home to talk to his parents, i found out he ran away and his mum was looking for him. this is half a block away. 20 mins later my gate had a nice shiny lock on it. 4 hours later i caught another neighbor sticking her hand over the fence. she was in her 70ties and i would have thought she knew better.
in a yahoo group there was a lady who owned another guardian breed and is getting sued by a nieghbour when she got bitten, for doing the exact same thing.
i for one am very glad these posts exist because they i hope make people think about what could happen so much could be prevented if we think about it.

thats my 3 cents on the matter
Ashley

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's one way to look at it, but seriously, just pull up the front page of this list. It's 90% "pit attacks person again" type of stuff. We still have members of this board who buy into the press hype, though they won't say anything publically. It's not a good image. It's good discussion, but how many people that are just looking to prove their point about "all pits are eeevil" are going to bother looking past the first post?

Aescleah

That's one way to look at it, but seriously, just pull up the front page of this list. It's 90% "pit attacks person again" type of stuff. We still have members of this board who buy into the press hype, though they won't say anything publically. It's not a good image. It's good discussion, but how many people that are just looking to prove their point about "all pits are eeevil" are going to bother looking past the first post?
then this give us a chance to educate them though i agree with you that the killer pit thing is more then a bit old. at least talking about it gives us a chance to talk about it if you dont talk about it no body learns anything
Ashley

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
then this give us a chance to educate them though i agree with you that the killer pit thing is more then a bit old. at least talking about it gives us a chance to talk about it if you dont talk about it no body learns anything
Ashley
:hail::hail::hail: EXACTLY!!!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Maybe we should just change the title to Unattended, Wandering 3-year old Injured by Dog

Still room for discussion, less propoganda fodder

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Poor kid... If the child was at a friend's house then wouldn't it be the friend's parents to blame? Assuming they were supposed to be watching the kids of course.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
yup.... So the breed gets another bad rap from fault on both sides... Child not attended, dog not secured right...

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
But a lot of people don't see it that way.
It can be argued to either point, some people take the fence of "ZOMG vicious pitbulls eat people" and don't read past the first post...
I'm not saying these are the most open-minded of folks, but that doesn't mean that isn't what they are doing.
Frankly, I could do without the "vicious pitbull" posts. It's been beaten to death that any dog can bite and injure someone...so why let the hysteria go any further?
Most people that read the "ZOMG bad pitbull" posts aren't looking to be educated, they have already determined their stance on it and will not be swayed...so what's the point in trying to educate someone who isn't willing to be educated?

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
yup.... So the breed gets another bad rap from fault on both sides... Child not attended, dog not secured right...
And you decided to post it...thanks for the help!
More people see "bad dog" than "negligent parent" when it comes to these articles recently...

It's comparing pitbulls to anything else that can hurt a child, you wouldn't blame a bus for running a child over in the street, no, you'd blame the parent for letting their child run in the street...
But people blame the dog for the parents mistakes, and ultimately, the dog ends up paying for them. :(

Members online

No members online now.