In dire need of advice!

MinPinMomXD

Confused Pup
:yikes: Hello! My names Krystalyn and I am the owner of a 6 month old min pin named Vinoy. My husband and I have had her since she was 6 weeks old. When we adopted her, it was so easy to train her, which was suprising being her breed and all. But then 4 months ago, we had to relocate to a different state due to family. We started in Indiana and now were in Fla. Since we werent able to bring her to her new home to visit before moving, she has turned into a untrained pup again. She potties in the house all the time and when we take her outside shes really easily distracted, so its almost impossible to get her to go then. We love her, but shes destroying our home! Is there a way to retrain her?? I need help!!

Dekka

Just try me..
Just do what you did before. She knew where to go before you moved, she can learn again.

This could simply be confusion, it could be stress of a new place, it could even be a medical issue. If its not a medical issue then simply start over (should go faster a second time)

xpaeanx

I haven't had a puppy... in um.... forever times 10, but from what I remember. when not under supervision(ie your not home) a crate is a good place for them until they're fully trained. and when they're outside, keep them on a leash until they go and then let them run around and play. Also, if you bring them to same place everyday to let them go, they should learn to only go there... so maybe walk her to a back corner everyday...

bubbatd

I had problems when I moved . Vet said that moving confuses them and they mark so that you can find them !

lizzybeth727

^^^Well, I don't know about that (could just be that I cringe every time I hear "vet said [training advice].") But I do know that dogs don't generalize - just because they know not to potty in this house it doesn't mean they know not to potty in ANY house. I've moved five times since I got my dog four years ago, so i't been a whole lot of fun potty training her every time....

Maxy24

She just needs to learn that this house can't be a toilet either. She'll probably train faster this time around as she has done it once already, she'll probably find out what you want faster. I would clean up all her current accident spots with an *enzymatic* (cleaner with enzymes in the ingredients) and then leash her and keep her with you at all times. If you leave or when you sleep crate her so she will hold her bladder. Soon she will be back up to speed. Start praising again for her going potty outside.

Deedlit

Crates are the way to go. I have always Crate trained my dogs, and even after they are grown and trained, their crate is their haven. Crate isnt a punishment. Crate is a quiet place for Doggie to get away. Plus, training should be like a riding a bike.

Members online

No members online now.