Any Snake Owners?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Rick and I met through reptiles, he's had snakes on and off since he was about 13. I haven't had any. One day I'd like to get back into reptiles with him! We have a beardie and a leo right now.

DJEtzel

I lived with an ex for three years and he had a ball python named "Sweetie" who really was the sweetest, at about 4 feet long. She liked escaping, though! ;)

Then I got him a Mex Mex Kingsnake for Christmas one year and he gave her to me when he enlisted after we broke up so I owned Delta for a while. She was also super docile and fun. She met an unfortunate demise living with me, however. Thought everything was good, but at about 1.5 years old I went to bed one night and she was laying there dead. Apparently, snakes are for me to enjoy, but not own. :(

The day Delta arrived in the mail!

It was nice seeing everyone's pictures!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Well, snakes are addictive. We just got home with our second snake, already. A yearling male red tail Boa.

Once both of them are all settled in, I need to get pictures!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ahh this thread isn't helping my snake want. Miss having snakes so bad. I can't until we have our own place though and I keep reminding myself that. If my husband had it his way we would never have them since he isn't a fan of snakes and didn't really like my corns, but he is going to have to just deal. I mainly just want my hog island boa so he can compromise on one.

Pics of your second snake?

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Ahhh that hognose!! Soooo precious! I like corns also. Never had a snake and have only briefly handled one, but I think a lot of them are super pretty. Do t know whether I'll own one.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Here are some non-cell phone pictures of both of them from this morning. Woke up at 7 to the male trying to get out of his enclosure. Fixed that, went back to bed then woke up later to my boyfriend bringing the little female into our bed, lol. So decided it was a great time to get some pictures!

This is our little female. She's a common colour with 66% het Snow.

She's about 2 feet long, 5 weeks old.

And the male. He's a yearling, and his colour is a apparently a new one. A Hypo Ghost Jungle. Not that you can tell from the pictures, but he's about 3 1/2 feet, if not closer to 4.

A little freaked out in this picture

We only brought him home yesterday, so he's still a little sketchy. The female, on the other hand, is so at home. Nothing phases her.

They both still need names. *sigh*

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
LOL I don't know if that's a boa thing or we just got lucky and have two with them? But they sure are cute. The female is soooo relaxed. Just curious about everything. It's awesome. I really like her.

Our friend is talking about breeding and I have already decided that if he does, I want an albino baby for myself since these two are my boyfriends, lol. Or so he says. I've laid claim to the female.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
The boyfriend would like to, yes. I am skeptical because I know they have big litters and I don't want to only be able to home half of them and then have the rest, since we rent a place and don't think our landlord would love having that many snakes in her place. lol

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
We are really struggling for names. Our male has a white heart on his side, so we are trying to name him something to do with that, but something that still sounds manly. And the boyfriend has ruled out Eros, even though that's what I REALLY want to call him. lol

crazedACD

They are very pretty!

We are really struggling for names. Our male has a white heart on his side, so we are trying to name him something to do with that, but something that still sounds manly. And the boyfriend has ruled out Eros, even though that's what I REALLY want to call him. lol
Amore (amor-aye)! Spanish for love :D.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Think the male is going to be Thor, as per my boyfriends choice... I REALLY want to name the female Artemis. Artie for short.... but he says it's an ugly name and won't let me. GAH!

Lol that's Italian! Spanish is amor (a-more).
ha....I just spent like 5 minutes looking it up because I was thinking the same thing. My google skills were lacking though and I couldn't get a concise answer so I didn't post lol

Sad I had to go searching....I took 9 years of Spanish :rolleyes: you think I could've remembered myself for sure

Members online