The Venting Thread

Grab

My vent... I think Squash has some environmental allergies. Sadface. I always said that the ONE health problem I NEVER wanted to deal with in a dog was allergies... and now I have two. Time to start saving up for allergy testing, blargh.
Not sure if Idexx is used there, but they have their own allergy testing now. It's a bit more reasonable than VARL and, of course, there's the discount and/or free benefit :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
I'm not the biggest Sansa fan, but I don't dislike her. I like the show's version better than the books, though.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Oh god. Somebody that shouldn't have dogs ever has a malinois foster. Oh god. I'm waiting for the stories now.
Don't talk about Falon that way :p

I'm so sick of waking up and EVERYTHING HURTING ARGH. Either I go to sleep and wake up with a pinched nerve in my neck, an extremely sore body, a super sore jaw, or combinations of the above. It doesn't set me up for a happy day.

Grab

Leggy puppy has essentially outgrown (height-wise) his bedroom crate. Thank heavens someone gave me a slightly larger crate (a vari-kennel though it may be) which we've been using as the living room crate.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I had a lump pop up behind my ear like overnight, turned out to be an infected lymph node. Extremely painful and needed antibiotics. You might want to look at a diagram of where the lymph nodes lie and see if you think that could be it, because you'll want to see a Dr. if it is.
I think they're too high up to be a lymph node. At first I thought maybe a spider bite, but they aren't irritated or perfectly circular, just slightly swollen and firm. If they get bigger/worse or aren't gone in a day or two I'm going to get them checked out. Right now they are just super annoying. And of course I want to poke and prod at them and that makes it worse. Ugh.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I think they're too high up to be a lymph node. At first I thought maybe a spider bite, but they aren't irritated or perfectly circular, just slightly swollen and firm. If they get bigger/worse or aren't gone in a day or two I'm going to get them checked out. Right now they are just super annoying. And of course I want to poke and prod at them and that makes it worse. Ugh.
Mine was up fairly high. It was the source of much mystery because apparently the lymphatic system drains downward, which means I should have had a cut or sore on my scalp that was draining downward, except.... I didn't. LOL

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Went to doctor. Doctor tells me she won't/can't do anything, go back to hospital. Yah, no. Not waiting again, not today.

While waiting for doctor appt, I get an email from training client. The dog is very sick, pneumonia suspected. :(

Walking home, my sandal broke. Had to walk home shoeless, and look like that person.

It's not yet noon. I need a redo.

Sekah

The Monster.
So, I put a lot of effort into my dogs. Some might say too much. So when I feel like I'm not seeing rewards for my efforts it puts me into a bit of a funk.

I'm part of a dog performance group. We do shows incorporating agility, high jump, disc, races, relays, tricks and games to showcase dog training to the public. We just booked a big show which historically has been loads of fun with huge crowds and is definitely the flower in my group's cap as far as our booked venues go. The show is in a few weeks. I found out that I was passed over for invites this time around. What's worse, I feel like I can bring more to the table with my dogs than at least a few of the other people who were asked to attend.

So now I'm all butt hurt about it. I work hard to keep their skills up to date, and I consider many team members friends. So I get all emotionally invested in something that, I'm reminded, is run as more of a business. It makes me want to invest less of my free time and effort into the group of which, up until now, I've felt like a key member.

Bleh. I just want to go and play with my dogs. :(

FG167

Oh god. Somebody that shouldn't have dogs ever has a malinois foster. Oh god. I'm waiting for the stories now.
Don't talk about Falon that way :p
Heyyyyy!!! I take good care of my dogs! :p

Leggy puppy has essentially outgrown (height-wise) his bedroom crate. Thank heavens someone gave me a slightly larger crate (a vari-kennel though it may be) which we've been using as the living room crate.
Oh I was just complaining about this. When I look over the bed and all I can see are Aikon's ears popping through the crate...and he looks like the hunch back...I realize that he needs to size up...again!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mine was up fairly high. It was the source of much mystery because apparently the lymphatic system drains downward, which means I should have had a cut or sore on my scalp that was draining downward, except.... I didn't. LOL
I was hoping you wouldnt be right, but...I think you are. Just had a third bump pop up, right behind my earlobe. Boo. Although if they are lymph nodes, I don't know why they're irritated. My ear feels fine, I'm not ill, everything else is just peachy. Stupid immune system. If they haveny gone down by tomorrow I'm going to go to the doctor.

So, I put a lot of effort into my dogs. Some might say too much. So when I feel like I'm not seeing rewards for my efforts it puts me into a bit of a funk.

I'm part of a dog performance group. We do shows incorporating agility, high jump, disc, races, relays, tricks and games to showcase dog training to the public. We just booked a big show which historically has been loads of fun with huge crowds and is definitely the flower in my group's cap as far as our booked venues go. The show is in a few weeks. I found out that I was passed over for invites this time around. What's worse, I feel like I can bring more to the table with my dogs than at least a few of the other people who were asked to attend.

So now I'm all butt hurt about it. I work hard to keep their skills up to date, and I consider many team members friends. So I get all emotionally invested in something that, I'm reminded, is run as more of a business. It makes me want to invest less of my free time and effort into the group of which, up until now, I've felt like a key member.

Bleh. I just want to go and play with my dogs. :(
This made me sad, I'm really sorry you're going through that and feel like that. I can't imagine you being passed over, from everything I've seen you and Cohen are an amazing team to watch even over the internet and it would be a joy to see you guys preform things in person.

It's sad when politics get involved and I really hope you are able to get passed this bump and keep having fun with them because you are great at training and your relationship with Cohen is something to be envied and emulated so I hope they realize that and what they're missing in not having you two there.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Sudden severe stomach aches that literally send me running to the bathroom as quick as I can (while I am at Walmart no less) suck. I wish I could figure out what is causing them. I was doing FINE for a long time, tried gluten free for a few weeks but didn't see any difference. I thought it was coffee and milk for sure but tonight I had chicken, veggies, peanuts, and rice.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Also, I don't listen to country music but was flipping the channel and landed on one and listened for a moment. Justin Moore If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away.

Line about how if he could go to heaven, he'd go find his old dog and take him hunting one more time....

Yeah..... bawling now, thanks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Also, I don't listen to country music but was flipping the channel and landed on one and listened for a moment. Justin Moore If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away.

Line about how if he could go to heaven, he'd go find his old dog and take him hunting one more time....

Yeah..... bawling now, thanks.
ffffffffffffffff that song.
all I have to do is THINK about it and start tearing up.

country music. *shakes fist*

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
My vent is the fact that Wendy Davis has to filibuster for like 13 hours to prevent the ridiculous TX abortion bill from being voted on and that the Gov. is now threatening to have another special session rather than let the filibuster do its job.

Saeleofu

I feel...blah...for no apparent reason. It's one of those lay-in-bed-and-cry-at-Doctor-Who days. Fortunately I'm watching The End of Time Part 2, so that's almost guaranteed to happen.

Members online

No members online now.